I've Been Losing Weight... During the Holidays!

Options
starryphoenix
starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
edited December 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't think there was another year this has happened! I think this is the first time I've been losing eight during the holidays! It feels so good! I haven't been logging it here, but I gained a little and now I've lost what I gained since last month! I'm back down to 184. I usually eat between 1200 and 1450. I've been being more careful lately about how much and what I eat. When I do have treats I always try to stick to or close to the portion size. I haven't been great about logging, but I've been keeping track in my head because most of the things I eat I already know the calories of.

It's been a tough past two years. I've made plenty of mistakes. I've been up and down like a roller coaster from heck so many times I've lost count. I'm glad my body still responds. Anyway, people shouldn't beat themselves up about messing up because it's normal to have bad times during weight loss. Just move on and keep going. Don't let yourself get discouraged. I feel like these words willl at least help someone. I hope so anyway. You can do it. :smile:

Replies

• Jackibrazil
    Jackibrazil Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I tend to lose more weight during the holidays I think because when I'm at social events I'm more conscientious about what I'm eating. I don't have candies and holiday type foods in my home, plus Christmas-y foods tend to be on the sweeter palette so not quite as tempting for me.

My biggest thing to keep me from over-eating at social events is to try to be last to the food and keep up conversations while standing. Limits the sit down eat time and I don't end up going for seconds.