Help with Maintenance weight

Options
2»

Replies

• cassidymihalko
    cassidymihalko Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’9 at 118 and I feel like at 1700 I am maintaining, but I see girls who eat a lot more, upwards of 2000 calories but I am nervous to bump it up and gain..idk how to really tell if I am in maintenance. At the 1700 there are days where I binge a bit and don’t track but I also lift 4-5 days a week (no cardio) so I’m not sure if I should try and raise it? Idk I’m just confused honestly, any insights? I am a retired NCAA college b-ball player as well so my body is used to a ton of cardio
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’9 at 118 and I feel like at 1700 I am maintaining, but I see girls who eat a lot more, upwards of 2000 calories but I am nervous to bump it up and gain..idk how to really tell if I am in maintenance. At the 1700 there are days where I binge a bit and don’t track but I also lift 4-5 days a week (no cardio) so I’m not sure if I should try and raise it? Idk I’m just confused honestly, any insights? I am a retired NCAA college b-ball player as well so my body is used to a ton of cardio

Well you are very underweight so its not surprising you maintain on a low amount of calories.... why are you trying to maintain such an underweight bmi? That is not healthy
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Moving into maintenance was scary for me too but I'm enjoying it now. I went from 1300 to about 1800 and some days 2000. When going up to 1600 I did find it hard myself to get the extra 200 calories in but have learned it's not so difficult with calorie dense foods like nuts, avocados, and PB. Oh and a glass of milk :) I moved into maintenance around October and I think I'm getting the hang of it. I don't weigh daily but maybe once a week to make sure I'm not losing.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I’m getting the hang of maintaining but honestly I’m ready for the Holidays to be over. I’ve enjoyed myself to the point where I don’t feel guilty but everyone’s been trying to stuff fudge and cookies in my mouth everyday. And with the extra calories I have from starting maintenance, I’ve been having to stop myself from eating it all just because I have a lot of calories left.
  • cassidymihalko
    cassidymihalko Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Well you are very underweight so its not surprising you maintain on a low amount of calories.... why are you trying to maintain such an underweight bmi? That is not healthy.

I am rather lean and that’s kind of just my body type. I keep this composition because I am an athlete. I wouldn’t mind putting on a little muscle but I look athletic, not super skinny (like it may sound). But overall I’m just trying to maintain this weight but eat more hahah