What motivates YOU?

Options
ActivateBeast
ActivateBeast Posts: 11 Member
Alright guys and women, this is no judgemental post, but when you are down on hard luck, can't seem to get into fitness mode, what motivates YOU to break through that mental roadblock? Simply, what works for you when your having one of those "off days"

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It depends on why I'm "off". If I'm just feeling lazy, then it's like Nike says..."Just do It." I don't really have many of those days, as I enjoy cycling and lifting and those are my two primary forms of exercise.

More often than not, if I'm "off", there's something else going on...not getting enough rest and recovery, bad nights sleep, nutrition is off, etc. Sometimes I just need a day off to take care of me and other things going on.

I do struggle a bit more in the winter, at least where cycling is concerned because I'm typically relegated to my indoor trainer which can be/is pretty boring. I cut myself a bit of slack in the winter and reduce my riding time and how many days I'm riding...usually just get a couple of days out of the week on the trainer for some intervals and then a weekend road ride if weather permits. I typically focus more on my strength training in the winter and get back into cycling in the spring
  • ActivateBeast
    ActivateBeast Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Man that is awesome, like your attitude! I tend to have my off day at times when I feel lack of motivation (sometimes I struggle with it) due to having depression but have found a method that helps, I'll sometimes take to YouTube and watch a good "hype" video to get me pumped up into the mood, and then throw my earbuds in and listening to some music, it's my energy that takes me through!

I haven't began my strength conditioning yet, as I been researching more on my body type as an Extomorph, I'm 6'1 currently weigh in at 198, so my goal right now is to shed off some body fat, than bulk and build up from there! I'm excited
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    @DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM 's 17 workouts per day

only 2-3.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Knowing I feel better if I workout even if I don't feel like working out, I know it's only momentary or situational.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Even on days that I'm feeling just lazy, the hardest part is just gearing up and getting on my bike or getting to the gym...once I'm actually on the bike or in the gym, all is well and I usually can't understand why I wanted to miss in the first place.