The Twelve Days (before) Christmas Challenge

Options
chris_in_cal
chris_in_cal Posts: 2,354 Member
edited December 2017 in Challenges
The Twelve Days (before) Christmas Challenge

We are taking Christmas day off, right? Today starts the "Twelve Days Before Christmas."

Nothing works better for me than filling out my daily food log and then clicking the "Complete This Entry" button. After clicking a note is placed in my newsfeed for all my friends to see:
mfpchris's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/11/2017.

Doing the work and having all my friends see it is the magic of MFP.

For folks in the weightloss phase, I challenge myself and you to log all of your food completely and at the end of each day click the Complete This Entry button.

Whether you are under your daily goal or not, log all that you have consumed, and wrap it up at the end of each day by clicking complete.

For me completing my food log keeps me in the right mind frame, and helps me build momentum. Let's enter this home run stretch of the holiday season staying in the right mind frame and having momentum for success.

The rules:
  1. Starting today, enter all of your food and when complete click the Complete This Entry button
  2. Do it for the next 12 straight days
  3. Enjoy your December 25th tradition

That's it.

Replies

• gmdodson602
    gmdodson602 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I’ll do it.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'll join :)
  • DananaNanas
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I did it! Day 1 of 12 in the books :) MFP says “if every day were like today...” I’d be down 5.5 pounds in 5 weeks. That would be amazing but I won’t hold my breath!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Me too....I ended up going out to dinner with a friend for a belated birthday gift. But, I dutifully logged it all and hit complete. Day 1 in the books.... On the second day of Christmas MyMFP gave to me.... @gmdodson602 @DananaNanas
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,292 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm in too...Day 1 done!! In 5 weeks I would be down 8.2 lbs...yeah right...lol
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Hey @fourathomej ! We're both on silver team together too!
  • emmerz92
    emmerz92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I plan on it. Need the motivation.
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Day 2/12 ✔️
    Actually had to make more food with dinner cause I didn’t have enough calories to close my diary :/
  • fourathomej
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Day 2

Went into some kind of carb mode tonight...no idea why but it is what it is....

@DananaNanas I know...noticed when I found it...so Hi!!! I've had that happen a few times too...lol
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Great, I clicked off day 2 also. @fourathomej @DananaNanas Christmas is coming. Though the geese are getting fat, we most decidedly are not! :wink:
  • Zoey__Jane
    Zoey__Jane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Side Note: I am new to MFP so if anyone wants to add me I love to motivate people and I love when people motivate me!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Great, I'll add you in. If you adjust your settings in news feeds you can click on the notify my friends when"I have completed my diary for the day"....it's a nice positive feedback loop/transparency/accountability thing. @Zoey__Jane
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Day 3/12 ✔️ today it says if everyday were like today... I’d be down 6.2 lbs in 5 weeks! I’m just trying to lose 5 in 5 lol
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This is cool I’m new to mfp so I didn’t know about that complete feature. Day two of ✅
  • fourathomej
    Options
    Day 3 and 4 in the books...not such goods days but working on it...
  • DananaNanas
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Day 4 of 12 ✔️ 1850 calories. Said I would actually be up 2 pounds if “every day were like today” in 12 weeks. Well. That’s discouraging...

ETA that is SUPER discouraging but I also need to remind myself that everyday is NOT like today and I only drink 2-3 (at most) days a week which is where these calories are coming from!
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of 12 ✔️ 1850 calories. Said I would actually be up 2 pounds if “every day were like today” in 12 weeks. Well. That’s discouraging...

ETA that is SUPER discouraging but I also need to remind myself that everyday is NOT like today and I only drink 2-3 (at most) days a week which is where these calories are coming from!

The every day were like today projection is a pointless feature of MFP.. no one is going to have a day exactly the same as the day before, even if they ate the exact same food to the exact same gram.. your TDEE for the day would be different then the day before, maybe you take more steps, workout harder then before.. regardless of if it tells you you will weigh more or less, it's never going to be accurate all the time and if people fall short of that projection they just end up thinking they made a mistake and blame themselves for a false promise. I wouldn't let it discourage you, especially since you aren't going to be over in your calories every day for 12 weeks.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Yeah, what Kriss said...March forward confidently and let go of that discouraging noise. You got this. D4 in the books.
  • DananaNanas
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Day 5 of 12 ✔️

Not pretty... but I did it. Now I’d be up 8 pounds in 5 weeks if... *facepalm*
  • fourathomej
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @DananaNanas lol*facepalm*...too funny!!!

Day 5...says down 8 lbs in 5 weeks...always looks good but I know better...lol

Todays my 49th birthday...3.5 years cancer free...and were going to see Star Wars tomorrow....seen Justice League tonight...can't get much better!!