Any "light" peanut butter to-go options?

Options
I use Justin's peanut butter packets frequently as a snack, but am looking for a lower calorie option. I have PB2 at home, but I am thinking of something more "grab and go" to eat in the car or at work for a quick snack without needing to mix anything up- any ideas? Thanks so much!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Whipped peanut butter. It’s hard to find around here.

Laughing cow light soft cheese wedges.
  • eastside87
    eastside87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Agreed, laughing cow light soft cheese wedges - good stuff :)
  • sallyd837
    sallyd837 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a great low option. Most 'light' ones are full of salt or sugar. I use kraft natural crunchie. Its literally just crushed peanuts
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mix it in a small container before you go
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    schellies wrote: »
    Mix it in a small container before you go

Seconded! Pb2 is awesome, I love the chocolate one. Small little screw-lid tupperware containers are easy to find, they're used for transporting sauces and salad dressings. Would work great for mixed Pb2.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    crewgirl86 wrote: »
    I use Justin's peanut butter packets frequently as a snack, but am looking for a lower calorie option. I have PB2 at home, but I am thinking of something more "grab and go" to eat in the car or at work for a quick snack without needing to mix anything up- any ideas? Thanks so much!

What do you do....squirt it or spoon it in your mouth! You could make a bunch of pb2 and spoon into small ziplocs for a grab and go. Snip the corner and go at it!
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    They also have companies who produce smaller portions of nut butter packets...100 calorie packets.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    They also have companies who produce smaller portions of nut butter packets...100 calorie packets.

Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen that. I know Jif makes single serve portions, but they are 250C (vs 190C for Justin's). Do you have a particular brand you've seen with 100C packets?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I mix Quest peanut butter powder into Greek yogurt and pack in a small Tupperware with my lunch.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I agree about the whipped peanut butter if you can find them- I also enjoy PBII as well-