Sweet tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    I try to eat a chocolate granola bar daily for a snack if I have the calories. It's only 130.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate every day
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I like sweet and salty combinations. For example, I eat cottage cheese and berries for breakfast all the time. I think my fruit consumption helps my sweet tooth.

I also like to have a little something sweet after my dinner. Dinner is my biggest meal, so I can usually get by with a small something sweet rather than eating a whole sleeve of Oreos since I just ate a large meal. I'm pretty good now about just eating two cookies or eating one small ice cream bar, or one or two pieces of chocolate.

The area that I cut back was baking cookies and other treats. I used to bake all the time, but now I do not bake much at home unless I have a place to take the extras. I have trouble not tasting the dough and sampling cookies fresh out of the oven when I bake at home. I still make pumpkin bread and my favorite treats, but I make sure that I get it out of the house to share with others so I can't eat it all.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I eat some sweet stuff everyday! For breakfast I usually have PB and Jam toast- the jam is quite sweet. And after dinner a small piece of candy or a cookie.

Have you tried protein fluff? It's like a whipped, fluffy ice cream that can be made in lots of flavors. That can take the place of some less good sweet stuff.
  • sjd421
    sjd421 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat sweets just about every day, and make sure they work within my calories. A piece of Dove dark chocolate with almonds or Trader Joe's has some really good dark chocolate covered almonds. For me just a little goes a long way.
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    sjd421 wrote: »
    I eat sweets just about every day, and make sure they work within my calories. A piece of Dove dark chocolate with almonds or Trader Joe's has some really good dark chocolate covered almonds. For me just a little goes a long way.

That's how I am too. I just wanted to be sure that using some calories for sweets isn't hindering weight loss...
  • ipmac22
    ipmac22 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    simi915 wrote: »

That's how I am too. I just wanted to be sure that using some calories for sweets isn't hindering weight loss...

For me personally, I've noticed a huge difference if I eat sugar alone versus sugar with protein/fats/fiber. I try to make sure any sweets are eaten immediately after a meal rather than on their own.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    simi915 wrote: »

If you're within your calorie allowance, then you can use your calories on whatever you want to eat. There's nothing wrong with using some of them--or a lot of them, if you feel like it--on sweets. You just might not achieve other goals, like feeling full or meeting macros, if you use too many calories on sweets. But as long as you're in a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight.

We often buy a nice bar of dark chocolate and eat it a few squares at a time, but if you're concerned about self-control with a full chocolate bar, I also like individually wrapped Ghirardelli squares. They're 50-70 calories each depending on which flavor you buy, but they're generously sized. We live close enough to the Bay Area that Ghirardelli is ubiquitous here. Sometimes we go to See's and buy just one or two chocolates, which run around 80 calories per piece.

Living in California has really enabled my chocolate habit.