Instapot Recipes

Options
I am wanting to get an Instapot for myself as a Christmas gift. I am not exactly what you are able to cook in them, but am looking for ideas.

For those of you that have an Instapot, I would love to hear some of your favorite recipes.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    What can it be used for that can save me money? I don't care about time savings. I'm reading reviews at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/product-reviews/B00FLYWNYQ Last thing I want is to fall for another kitchen gadget.
    * This might not be for me, since I don't eat beef or pork. And not many super healthy recipes. Yes, I can make chili, but I make it in the stove top anyway. I would buy it at a store, since there are many reviews about some not working and not being able to return.

If you're not looking to save time, then this might not have any benefits for you. You ask questions like this fairly frequently (why get an Instant Pot, why get a Keurig, etc). Not every appliance is marketed for every person. It's okay if some things don't interest you. I don't have an ice cream maker, for example, because I'm not interested in making my own ice cream.

As far as the health component: an Instant Pot can cook anything. Whatever your definition of healthy is, the Instant Pot can probably create meals that incorporate that (unless your definition of "healthy" is raw food, I guess). Mine includes vegetables, grains, and beans, so that's what I frequently cook in mine.
  • babybuddha06
    babybuddha06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help @crazyravr
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    What can it be used for that can save me money? I don't care about time savings. I'm reading reviews at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/product-reviews/B00FLYWNYQ Last thing I want is to fall for another kitchen gadget.
    * This might not be for me, since I don't eat beef or pork. And not many super healthy recipes. Yes, I can make chili, but I make it in the stove top anyway. I would buy it at a store, since there are many reviews about some not working and not being able to return.

Well then it's not for you? You can safely ignore Instant Pot threads!
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com. She posts a ton of recipes for instant pot meals.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I just got my instapot last week and am obsessed!

So my favorite pho ga recipe? https://steamykitchen.com/139-vietnamese-chicken-noodle-soup-pho-ga.html

Takes hours on the stove. 40 minutes in the instapot and it came out clear and flavorful.

One of my favorite stews is a stew made from alpine sausage, white beans, cauliflower, sweet potato, and tons of cabbage. I make it all the time - when I made it in the Instapot it just came out better, and the cannelini beans just had this wonderful decadent creamy texture I could never get on the stove.

Lately instead of trying to buy enough vegetables, I've been buying in excess. This is leaving me with piles of veggies, and I have to struggle to find ways to use them all up because I'm a girl that was raised to never waste food. It's been good because I'm less inclined to go use the grains and pantry foods I have in the house if I have veggies that will go bad in a few days, and I'm less likely to eat out when I have a huge variety of foods at home that need to be eaten.

So at one point I just made a random veggie mash and threw in everything I had to get rid of with some spices and two tablespoons of olive oil. Half a cauliflower, a whole green cabbage, a couple of carrots, some kale, acorn squash. It, um, wasn't visually appealing (pressure cooking doesn't preserve bright colors very well) but it was delicious and healthy and filling and took less than two minutes of prep time.

It can also be used to make rice, lentils, beans, etc.