Breastfeeding

Am I the only breastfeeding mother who thinks they should add that as an option on this app when creating profile cause breatfeesing burns 500 calories a day

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    No you’re not. Add it under exercise

its also in the food database too....
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    No you’re not. Add it under exercise

its also in the food database too....

Omg it is! :open_mouth:
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    If I don't physically sweat and elevate my heart rate I don't log it in. However, I do know you need to up your calories so you can produce enough milk.
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Are you finding you're still losing weight while breastfeeding? I'm 2 weeks postpartum and exclusively breastfeeding and have started logging calories and add the 500 calorie deficit for bfing. Am worried ill start putting weight on as it makes me pretty hungry and I'm stuck to the bed or couch cluster feeding most of the time!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    If I don't physically sweat and elevate my heart rate I don't log it in. However, I do know you need to up your calories so you can produce enough milk.

Nothing elevated my heart rate and made me sweat like nursing! Although to be fair that happens every time I get my nips caught in a vise
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

Nothing elevated my heart rate and made me sweat like nursing! Although to be fair that happens every time I get my nips caught in a vise

Need more info about your nips in a vice. Preferably with pics.