1200 calories friends

Options
2»

Replies

• shrimpydoo
    shrimpydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm at 1200 and sometimes I eat back my exercise calories and sometimes I don't. It depends on what is happening in our lives and whether I'm doing the cooking or if I'm eating on the road. I have at least 65 pounds to lose, possibly up to 80, but I don't want to decide my final goal until I hit 65 and then have a physician's assessment. I'm almost half way to my 65, and let me tell you, not one pound has come off easily. Slow process, but we're heading in the right direction. Feel free to add me.
  • neintical
    Options
    I am around 1200. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Rozelyn
    Rozelyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet and trying to lose as much as possible. Feel free to add me too!
  • taanvi
    taanvi Posts: 33
    Options
    hi im on 1200 cal diet and wana lose 60 lbs...
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm at 1200 calories and I'm hoping to lose just over 60 pounds.
  • leighpixie
    Options
    I'm 1200 Calories, feel free to add me x
  • itsanatalia
    itsanatalia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I'm on 1200 ( a little over during the weekends) and I'm looking to lose about 70 pounds.

Personally, I don't feel restricted on 1200 calories, but I found 1200-1400 to be pretty filling as long as I consciously don't fill myself up on crap. I use to just eat out of boredom....
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I generally eat between 1500 - 1800 but have lots of friends eating around 1200, whatever gets you to where you wanna be is ok in my book! Feel free to add.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Why not look into BMR... or your TDEE.. instead of diving instantly into the "I HAVE TO EAT 1200!" routine?

Pretty much this! I eat 2000/day and am losing. Not feeling deprived and eating like pretty much a normal person, although much less than I was when I was putting it on. I don't get into sticky situations when I go out to eat. And I can have drinks with my friends. And dessert.

Message me if you'd like help figuring it out :)

I wonder how healthy 1200 calories really is. I eat normally between 1500 and 1700 and loose weight with it. It's not a sprint you know, you didn't gain in a few weeks either... Like said check your BMR how much you need to eat! Probable above 1200!

I wonder as well...

OP: Did your doctor put you on such a restrictive diet or are you going with the generic MFP 1200? Maybe you could try this calculator:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

I eat 1900 and lose. (I just entered all my food for the day and since I'm going out for drinks tonight I also entered the vodka and martinis. LOL Well over 1900 but still below my TDEE, so I know I'll be just fine tomorrow.)

Best of luck.
    I don't wonder. I just tried it out. I didn't know the ins and outs to everything and what was normal so I assumed the website did and let that calculate things for me and it put me on 1200 cals given my information. I ate lots of veg and lean proteins. Chicken spinach salads with homemade vinaigrettes, different meat stir fries with a bit of olive oil. Delicious! And Healthy!...I had to cut cals from somewhere and I was cutting them by allot (didn't realize that since I wasn't sure what I was eating before and didn't have a scale and probably wasn't logging accurately). Turns out my view of healthy was rather skewed. Looking back I wasn't getting enough of anything really but use to go around saying "But I never feel hungry and I eat so many vegetables" and ate alot of lean meats etc. I thought that if I didn't feel hungry, then I didn't need food which looking back at a few anorexic friends I should have known better. Because they honestly didn't feel hungry and felt full after hardly anything. After ignoring the fact I felt cold allot and I started noticing more of my hair in the shower many months after...It also took me a while to realize my nails were not growing back after they all cracked off. The thing with the low cal diets is something has to suffer. If you look at the RDI for a female to get the majority of their nutrition they need about 2000 calories. And even though I was popping a vitamin pill every day, eating veg, lots of chicken etc I wasn't absorbing the nutrients in it because of the low cals. If you don't get enough fat in your diet, you're not going to be absorbing all the nutrients in the veg you're eating (fat soluble nutrients).

The problem comes with what is more important. Weight in general (meaning getting rid of lean body mass, shrinking organs, bone density, dehydrating since getting rid of water weight, etc). Or trying to minimize those things and still losing weight while getting adequate nutrition, and above all else getting rid of fat. It hit me one day. I'm doing this to feel better. Not to be a frail squishy twig because I use to be lighter before. I use to be lighter before eating lots and being active. That's what made me feel good, not the skinny.

Now I eat about 100g of protein, and a lot more veg, and a lot more fat, and a treat here and there. I'm feeling a lot better, and a lot thinner, allot more fuelled, a lot stronger, and a lot less squishy (pretty sure all my weight was coming from lean mass and water before, not fat, my gut was shrinking but still squishy on the low cal thing). Food is fuel, treat it as such.
  • horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1200. Anyone feel free to add.
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am on 1200 calories a day and it is tough. Still cannot figure out if I should eat back my exercise calories or not. I have done it so far and have lost one pound in 15 days. I have 80 to lose.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am on 1200 calories a day and it is tough. Still cannot figure out if I should eat back my exercise calories or not. I have done it so far and have lost one pound in 15 days. I have 80 to lose.
    yes, you're supposed to eat them back.
  • scooterink
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, just started back on this, going on almost 2 weeks, have lost 5 lbs...have about 50 or so to go... would like to hear from others doing 1200 calories a day, I struggle on some days!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, just started back on this, going on almost 2 weeks, have lost 5 lbs...have about 50 or so to go... would like to hear from others doing 1200 calories a day, I struggle on some days!
    then eat more. if you couldn't sustain 1200 earlier.. and had to start back, why do you think it's going to be sustainable this time around?

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

do yourself a favor and check that link.

seriously.
  • tavinsmom
    tavinsmom Posts: 101
    Options
    that's me! I stay around 1200, and need to lose 100 total
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    hi! I'm on 1200-1400 kcals to lose weight along with exercise. I'm 4'11 -5'0.

I lost 25pounds already and looking to lose another 20 pounds. Feel free to add me.

:)
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I generally eat between 1500 - 1800 but have lots of friends eating around 1200, whatever gets you to where you wanna be is ok in my book! Feel free to add.

friend request sent!:)