Biometric mashine screen

Options
Hi everyone, my insurance offered a free biometric mashine screening. Anyone have done it, is it legit or a waste of time? I still haven't done dexa, but would like to find out my body fat percentage. So is it worth the early am drive? Thank you

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    They are not that accurate, and it is early morning. I'd probably pass.

Cheers, h.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    FREE?? Of course take it. It’s data. You can use it or not use it.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Cancelled it for today, but decided to reschedule for another time. And it's true, good point @nowine4me.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Will they give you an opportunity to repeat at a set schedule?
    If you could go back every 4-6 month or whatever so you have consistent data to compare it to it may be worth it, but a one off of iffy results wouldn't interest me. (But that is just me)

Cheers, h.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If you could go back every 4-6 month or whatever so you have consistent data to compare it to it may be worth it, but a one off of iffy results wouldn't interest me. (But that is just me)

Cheers, h.

This is pretty much what I was thinking...given that it's not hugely accurate, it would only be useful IMO if you could do it with some regularity to analyze those data points...one data point doesn't tell you a lot.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

I honestly don't know, but i see how that would be much more useful. I will find out, i am staying with same insurance for next year, so that's a good way of keeping reference. Thank you, @middlehaitch and @cwolfman13 !
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    I'm always skeptical of free things. The next one could be a charge. They could try to sell you things. Or a personal trainer might say "you need me" or "you need to buy these protein bars". Just keep an eye open, as I'm sure you will.

It's her health insurance. My health insurance provides a variety of free screenings annually to encourage people to get things checked out because a lot of people don't do their annual physicals and whatnot.