Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

snacks with no sugar?

tessi1993
tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
im having a really hard time going over my sugar. like everyday alot, its mainly from fruit but still..
anyone have any snack ideas that have no sugar?

Replies

• Majda1234_wechange
    Majda1234_wechange Posts: 100 Member
    Pistachios are a good idea especially if you exercise, they have healthy fats and a good amount of protein. They are low in calories and also it takes time to eat them since you have to get them out of the shell so you can't mindless snack on them.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Nuts are good but I have also found at Aldi's, Belmont Marai sugarless biscuits and I find they taste no different to biscuits with sugar, just as nice and I carry them with me when I babysit which usually is a long day so my grandkids and I have one or two.
  • Majda1234_wechange
    Well yes, there are a lot of sugarfree products that you can buy but I wouldn't recommend them since they contain artificial sweeteners that aren't fully tested. Though there are some indications they may cause cravings, I had HUGE animalistic cravings while consuming sugarfree gum and coke but once I stopped I got back to normal healthy eating.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    The sugar daily allowance is for processed sugars, the sugar you get from fruit shouldn't be counted. The human body needs natural sugars to survive, you shouldn't avoid them, or worry about going over your sugar macro. I usually go over on my sugar, 90% of it is from fruit, and I lose weight each and every week without fail.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    ham
  • Majda1234_wechange
    The sugar daily allowance is for processed sugars, the sugar you get from fruit shouldn't be counted. The human body needs natural sugars to survive, you shouldn't avoid them, or worry about going over your sugar macro. I usually go over on my sugar, 90% of it is from fruit, and I lose weight each and every week without fail.

This ^^ I used to go over my sugar while dieting all the time but still reached my goal weight :)
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    You could also try popcorn or carrot sticks :P
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Steak
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Hardboiled eggs, tuna salad, shrimp, cheese, baked tofu, chili....lots of foods will keep you going without a lot of sugar.
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Roasted chickpeas, avocado smash w/pita chips, a white bean dip w/a seeded cracker, nuts. I have been noticing the sugar thing as well and as long as I see it as a few fruit servings and not 2 candy servings and ice cream, I don't freak out.
  • geesus1973
    geesus1973 Posts: 4 Member
    sugar free jelly pots (take a while to eat and between 3 and 10 calories)- just make sure you get the sugar free kind.

for ice cream hit- walls mini milks- 30cals each, strawberry, vanilla and chocolate- fulfills the craving with damage limitation