Counting oz instead of cals?

Options
A popular weight loss instagram blogger posted a pic the other day of her meal on a scale; a couple items totalling 4 oz. She says she doesn't count calories, but eats only 4 oz of food at each meal! Never heard of this... isn't it flawed, as you could eat 4 oz of very high-cal items? Thoughts?

Replies

• evastar
    evastar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I believe there was gastric sleeve surgery involved, so perhaps that has something to do with it..
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    evastar wrote: »
    I believe there was gastric sleeve surgery involved, so perhaps that has something to do with it..

That seems an important bit of info to leave out of OP lol. Still, Doesnt really seem like a diet, And if it is its a dumb one. just at that point its a physical thing they have to live with that shouldnt effect anyone without the surgery.

edit to add: Although does anyone remember the diet that involves tiny containers you fill with whatever lol. Sounds alot like that. I also found that dumb. Bring me the bulk eating
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Lol

Way to bury the lede.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    This would so not surprise me. On one of the Weight Watchers newsgroups, back in the late 90s, there was a guy who maintained that he could lose weight by eating only two pounds of food a day.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thinking about the kinds of foods I eat regularly, yes if I only ate 4 oz of them 3x a day I would lose weight. A lot. Like check me into the hospital, I’d have a problem. Seems easier to just count calories.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Thinking about the kinds of foods I eat regularly, yes if I only ate 4 oz of them 3x a day I would lose weight. A lot. Like check me into the hospital, I’d have a problem. Seems easier to just count calories.

yeah i had 1.3 lb of fruit tonight lol. Not even counting my veg. or anything else.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    A popular weight loss instagram blogger posted a pic the other day of her meal on a scale; a couple items totalling 4 oz. She says she doesn't count calories, but eats only 4 oz of food at each meal! Never heard of this... isn't it flawed, as you could eat 4 oz of very high-cal items? Thoughts?

If she also usually eats lower calorie foods it could work for her. It is a sad way to diet but you don't have to count calories to lose weight if you are hitting the right amount through some other method.
    If a person eats high calorie foods pretty often it won't help much to think they can just eat 4 oz of food at a time and not watch calories and lose consistantly. If you eat 4 oz of nuts and dried fruit you might get around 600 calories at once.