Study: women find strong men more attractive

Options
2»

Replies

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming they didn't use any humongous bodybuilders for this study?
    Many women say they look "gross".
    Where do we draw the line!?
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options

Preferably a little past wherever I'm standing at the moment. ;)

Joking aside - my wife is very blunt with me. She liked me better when I was much skinnier. She doesn't think I'm gross but she does think I'm too big. I have a cut coming up and I hope it makes her a bit happier... although she hates extreme vascularity too. lol

I think (I'm totally guessing, heh) that most woman wouldn't mind a man who is at his natural genetic limits as opposed to the Mr. Olympia types of excess.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

The headless bodies (heh) were from college age men. Some were from the college gym and some were from the psychology classes. The women surveyed were also college age.

This brings up the question of whether looking strong correlate more with being strong for that age group more than other age groups.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    We run manbun, yoga pant and toe shoe wearing guys out of the gym.

Run, or walk slowly, saying "cardio? is that spanish?"
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hmmm but there are women who find aspects of the face to be the most attractive parts of a man. Strength is attractive, but no where near as attractive as a good smile and gorgeous eyes IMO. So if you take away the face, you leave us with not a lot else.

I wish the study had left the faces, if women still always picked the strong ones, then it might be more valid.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree. I've never been more attracted to a partner than my current one who is so well built it makes me want to drool
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    probably goes back to caveman days...

strong man pick up big rock
    strong man fight off dinosaur

I think this is exactly what it is. i feel safe and protected when I'm out with my husband. I know No one will get through him to get to me.

I am 5"8 and far from petite framed. But next to him, i actually feel girly and small. Something i don't feel with guys my height/size or God forbid, smaller than me!

I have always just naturally gravitated toward big and rough manly men. There's a pic of him in my profile pics to illustrate what i mean.

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Hmmm but there are women who find aspects of the face to be the most attractive parts of a man. Strength is attractive, but no where near as attractive as a good smile and gorgeous eyes IMO. So if you take away the face, you leave us with not a lot else.

I wish the study had left the faces, if women still always picked the strong ones, then it might be more valid.

But the point was to learn what kind of abdomen is most attractive, without letting faces bias the answer.
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My reaction would have been "what? no legs? drat!"
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't choose a too muscular, big guy because big guys usually get beat up by smaller ones. Like giant teddy bears that go down with a few kicks.

You've been reading the Bible again, haven't you? ;)
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    I wouldn't choose a too muscular, big guy because big guys usually get beat up by smaller ones. Like giant teddy bears that go down with a few kicks.

My english isn't good, i didn't get the sarcasm :D
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »

My english isn't good, i didn't get the sarcasm :D

I should have put it in Latin, what with you being such a good Catholic girl.