Negative Calories

Options
To All,
I understand the negative calorie adjustments & how it works.
However, my goal is 3,000 per day. It’s 10:34am & I’ve done over 4,000 steps via my FitBit which I have linked to my MFP account.
MFP has taken just over 1,700 calories off me??? I do not understand why...

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    cduncan723 wrote: »
    To All,
    I understand the negative calorie adjustments & how it works.
    However, my goal is 3,000 per day. It’s 10:34am & I’ve done over 4,000 steps via my FitBit which I have linked to my MFP account.
    MFP has taken just over 1,700 calories off me??? I do not understand why...

•If you set your activity level to anything above sedentary, then only 4000 steps will give you a negative adjustment if enabled.
    •Also, if you logged any other exercise that the step tracker won't have measured - those will get negated. (The adjustment matches the step tracker total to the MFP total exercise calories).
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I disabled mine. I don't like waking up looking at a tiny number of calories and frantically trying to earn more so that at the end of the day, it evens out. I don't like it at all.

I disabled negative calories and set my activity to sedentary.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    This is about your started activity level in MFP.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    I linked Map My Hike to MFP and the 1st time I used it on a 6 mile hike MFP subtracted an astounding 4000 cals for my daily activity. 2000 cals were for the hike itself plus an additional 2000 for a negative allowance.

The hike itself was good for about 2k cals. Was able to delete the hike entry but not the allowance. So, the net was about right but I unlinked MMH from MFP and will never link any app or device again because of the negative allowance feature.

I prefer to figure out the cals myself.