How to getrid of stretch marks from weight gain?

Options
I had no idea where to post this...
so a few years back, I gained quite a bit of weight quite quickly and also gained some white stretch marks on my butt.
They're kind of really disgusting looking and emphasise cellulite...any way to (effectively) get rid of these?

Replies

• Princessjj22
    Options
    I had no idea where to post this...
    so a few years back, I gained quite a bit of weight quite quickly and also gained some white stretch marks on my butt.
    They're kind of really disgusting looking and emphasise cellulite...any way to (effectively) get rid of these?

Hey in my experience and after asking numerous times at the drs you can't acctually get rid of them but u can fade and flatten them, I use bio oil on my stretch marks and scars everyday and they have eventually faded to a white/silver colour but they will never completely go. A stretch mark is like a scar a layer of the skin has been ripped time is the best healer.
  • JanetLocke
    Options
    I am not sure about stretch marks, but my doctor recommended Mederma for other scars I had. It did work, but the scars were new.
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can't really get rid of them, but they do fade over time and the general appearance will get better from using stuff like bio oil. I still have them from a growth spurt at 13 unfortunately. I like reading this blog, it makes me feel a better about them-

http://sophspiration.tumblr.com/post/38647077784/what-are-stretch-marks-stretch-marks-are

Hope this helps! x
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    You can't get rid of them. They are actually "scars" and scars are forever. You can camoflauge them though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition