Is this considered a fasting plan?

Options
If last meal was 8:30pm and next one wasn't until 11:30am?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »

Yes, you could describe this as a 15:9 intermittent fasting plan, where you fast for 15 hours a day and eat your daily calories in the other 9.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Yes, you could describe this as a 15:9 intermittent fasting plan, where you fast for 15 hours a day and eat your daily calories in the other 9.

Okay....you just confirmed my thoughts. .thankyou.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Fasting is not eating. 15 hours of not eating is not considered a fasting plan. Not yet, not officially. But you can consider it whatever you want. When you eat makes no difference to anything except your happiness and appetite, and thus willingness and ability to stick to an appropriate amount of calories, so it's not unimportant.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    Options

And then what?

What happens between 11:30 am and 8:30 pm?

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Ok, this fasting kick is officially out of control.

eQMt7fv.gif

is he pooping as he runs...
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

Yes I'm a bit over hearing about fasting!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

I do the IF...and even I'm annoyed by the amount of threads. But this is nowhere NEAR the amount of Keto threads.

I don't understand why there has been a sudden deluge of fasting posts over the past few weeks. Is there a new book or "documentary" out about it?
  • DmaMfz
    DmaMfz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Not in my opinion but now that so many people want to have special terms for normal behavior you can call it whatever you want.

This. Is. Hilarious
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options

I do the IF...and even I'm annoyed by the amount of threads. But this is nowhere NEAR the amount of Keto threads.

I don't understand why there has been a sudden deluge of fasting posts over the past few weeks. Is there a new book or "documentary" out about it?

Honestly not sure. I don't really keep up with it. If someone asks me why I don't eat breakfast, I'll say "Oh, I'm doing IF" after explaining, some people will say, "Yea, I've been doing that for years. Didn't know it was called anything" lol.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

Facebook, probably. It's where all the BS comes from.
    That's one of many reasons I deleted my FB account.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. It sounds like a normal eating pattern lol Why is IF a thing? We've been doing it for forever. When I was a kid we would eat breakfast at 8am, lunch at 12, and supper at 5. And then a 15 hour "fast". Do people not track their calories during their "non-fast" period? If you do then why restrict yourself even more?