So this guy was grunting in my gym....

Options
13»

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    My gym has disinfectant wipes available and I use them to wipe down benches and such after I'm done. In my view, it is better to use them despite not having needed to than it is to need to use them and not. So I err on the side of caution.
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Wiping a dry gym bench is just theater.

THIS. It's just absurd.

And yes, people with compromised immune systems might need to exercise more caution... but that's true everywhere, not just with regard to dry gym equipment. Barring unusual medical circumstances, it's ridiculous to be so overly fragile when it comes to the gym.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    I never thought about people with low immune systems. I’m pretty immune to germs. So, it doesn’t bother me much.

I'm pretty sure if someone had a significant issue a with low immune system they should not trust the wiping down of equipment by another (no matter how well intentioned or thorough the wiper is).
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    depending on what your wiping the benches off with you may actually be spreading funk from one to another.

I was a member of my local 6 they required you to wife equipment with a provided squirt bottle and rag when you were finished with it. If there was bleach in that water I never once smelled it and could have been transfering germs from the treadmill to the leg press machine or even worse.

Wipe if you want don't wipe if that's what floats your boat.

Same guy opened the gym door today and peed through the door into the yard. Really ought to see about getting that guy thrown out of here.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    Same guy opened the gym door today and peed through the door into the yard. Really ought to see about getting that guy thrown out of here.

preferably into 'the yard' :D:D holy hell. even dogs have the courtesy to go look for a lamppost if they need to piss.