fitbit and apple health

anyone here use fitbit and whether it works with apple health?

I have a garmin vivofit 2 and it works ok

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    I no longer have a fitbit - just wanted to welcome you to MFP. :)
  • veganfanatic
    veganfanatic Posts: 32 Member
    i wanted to see how well it works or not vs other products
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    I have a Fitbit and my husband has an Apple Watch. My Fitbit can't seem to keep track of my heart rate when I'm really pushing it. I never get good readings in spin class for instance. My husband's Apple Watch hasn't had this problem.
  • veganfanatic
    veganfanatic Posts: 32 Member
    i have noticed a few comments that fitbit is not as sophisticated as some competitors
  • JanePublic
    JanePublic Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2018
    Fitbit and Apple Health do not work together. Such a bummer!

As a user of both Fitbit Charge2 and Apple Watch series3, Fitbit still wins the health tracking race.

Fitbit auto-recognizes exercise, with Apple watch you must remember to start and stop the tracking.
    Fitbit allows the user to see a history of workouts, allows customized naming of workouts and editing of some data parameters after the fact. With an Apple Watch the algorithm for exercise won't necessarily credit you a workout unless you meet the requirements of their corporate algorithm for Exercise - So that 5mile, 2hour, 500 calorie walk you took, you could very well get credited for Zero Exercise minutes with the Apple Watch. Fitbit will credit you for the miles and categorize the 400 calories as Exercise, of course if you don't want it categorized as Exercise and don't want the 400 calories credited, you can edit that! There is no editing with Apple.
    As for Heart Rate tracking, every wearable will have it's own way of processing that information, not many of us really know what 180bpm feels like to able to determine if their wearable is giving them an accurate reading, granted you can always stop exercise, count your pulse and divide etc etc... Fitbit however provides more immediate on-the-go feedback. When you're running and you want to make sure you're staying in a specific heart rate range, FitBit wins again providing that information with constant feedback.