Bread pudding

Options
Highalertmission
Highalertmission Posts: 36 Member
Hey bread pudding lovers, I really love my works bread pudding but can’t seem to make it at home.
Can someone please give me a good recipes!?

Replies

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Well I happen to be making some bread pudding I got the recipe from (allrecipes.com) and just search for bread pudding. I use Truvia as the sweetener cause we have diabetic people in the house. I also dont follow the recipe exactly, but I am sure you can. I've played around with adding things to it like chocolate, graham crackers and marsh mallows.
  • pogiguy05
    edited December 2017
    Options
    4m9lmbpf9bay.jpg
    Oh when i said making i meant as in right now. :D:D:D
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I don't really use a recipe. I just get bread, add ins, and make an eggy custard mix. Layer the bread and add ins, pour over eggy custard, soak it for a while and then bake.

Thats perhaps not overly helpful. But in terms of some ideas - use fruit bread, brioche, croissants, or panettone as the bread. Good add ins are berries, chocolate, caramel sauce (I've made caramel spread sandwiches with the bread), nuts for crunch, orange zest

Savoury bread puddings are good too - sourdough, pieces of roast pumpkin, caramelised onions, herbs, goats cheese, etc.
  • Highalertmission
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    4m9lmbpf9bay.jpg
    Oh when i said making i meant as in right now. :D:D:D

Haha! That’s awesome! and I’m type one so thanks!
  • Highalertmission
    Options
    I don't really use a recipe. I just get bread, add ins, and make an eggy custard mix. Layer the bread and add ins, pour over eggy custard, soak it for a while and then bake.

Thats perhaps not overly helpful. But in terms of some ideas - use fruit bread, brioche, croissants, or panettone as the bread. Good add ins are berries, chocolate, caramel sauce (I've made caramel spread sandwiches with the bread), nuts for crunch, orange zest

Savoury bread puddings are good too - sourdough, pieces of roast pumpkin, caramelised onions, herbs, goats cheese, etc.
    How long did you soak it for? Maybe that was my problem I found it to dry.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

How long did you soak it for? Maybe that was my problem I found it to dry.

I try to use dry/old bread, and soak for a few hours. If it was dry, perhaps you cooked it too long - it needs to be set, but not too set
  • pogiguy05
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I cheat and use the convection oven to dry out the bread after cutting into cubes.

I also use a spatula to make sure all the bread gets soaked in the mixture. When I see all the bread has gotten wet I cook it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Tons of recipes online. Google is your friend.
  • Highalertmission
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tons of recipes online. Google is your friend.

>:)
  • Highalertmission
    Options

I try to use dry/old bread, and soak for a few hours. If it was dry, perhaps you cooked it too long - it needs to be set, but not too set[/quote]

Maybe! I will try again
    Thank you!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The following is a link for Biltmore Bread Pudding and is identical to the recipe I pulled out of a magazine 10 years ago in an article titled "Christmas on the Biltmore Estate." It is a fantastic recipe and the caramel sauce makes it that much better! Highly recommend...
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/biltmore-s-bread-pudding
  • Highalertmission
    Options
    The following is a link for Biltmore Bread Pudding and is identical to the recipe I pulled out of a magazine 10 years ago in an article titled "Christmas on the Biltmore Estate." It is a fantastic recipe and the caramel sauce makes it that much better! Highly recommend...
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/biltmore-s-bread-pudding

Thank you!