Cravings

I am on day 23 of my journey and keep having trouble with cravings. I am logging every meal, ensuring I have enough macros in my diet, but there seems to be something missing.

Sometimes I am able to eat a piece of fruit to compensate, but right now I could really go for some greasy burger or deli sandwich.

Any tips/pointers?

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Denying yourself the things you love in moderation means you're more likely to crash and burn long before you reach your goal.

Your food choices are probably too strict. A sandwich should even be something you could eat every day.

If you just eat less calories of your normal food, you only need to worry about calories, not depriving yourself of things that are perfectly healthy in moderation.

For weight loss, it's the amount of calories that matter, not what foods they're from. Don't make it hard for yourself.

This.

People always get on the weight loss wagon with too many restrictions. It's "eat less move more" not "eat some things and avoid others"
  • deimosphoebos
    deimosphoebos Posts: 117 Member
    Thanks for the support guys. <3
  • deimosphoebos
    What snacks have you guys used to supplement meals and water throughout the day to battle cravings?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    What snacks have you guys used to supplement meals and water throughout the day to battle cravings?

I love Dove dark chocolate Promises. They are 2 bites a piece, about 40 calories and you can let it melt in your mouth. I also keep string cheese if I have a salty or ummm cheesy craving. At night if I've used up my calories, sometimes mint tea will do the trick, mint has a sweetness even though it doesn't have sugar so no calories. Honestly anything single serve helps me. Take one, roll up/close up the package, walk away, log it, then eat it. If after that I'm still wanting more, I'm probably legit hungry!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member

Sometimes it's helpful to eat less at meal times so you can have a certain snack if you crave it.

There are no hard and fast rules like "don't eat between meals" or "don't eat after 8 pm". These are myths.

Only your net calorie amount for the week is really what means you attain your goals.
  • deimosphoebos
    kimny72 wrote: »

I love Dove dark chocolate Promises. They are 2 bites a piece, about 40 calories and you can let it melt in your mouth. I also keep string cheese if I have a salty or ummm cheesy craving. At night if I've used up my calories, sometimes mint tea will do the trick, mint has a sweetness even though it doesn't have sugar so no calories. Honestly anything single serve helps me. Take one, roll up/close up the package, walk away, log it, then eat it. If after that I'm still wanting more, I'm probably legit hungry!

Thank's for the advice, I just picked up some cheese sticks (80 cal/stick) and small Lindt chocolate balls (90 cal /3). I've already added them to my food diary, and I expect to still be under my daily calorie goal. Let's see how this goes.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    I have trouble with cravings and if I even get started on chocolate I will eat my way through bags and bars and pounds of it! Yikes! That's me though. Anyway for snacks I try to have a small snack with both carbs and protein. It's what both my doctor and trainer recommended and when I stick to my meal/snack schedule I do better than when I try to keep myself from eating. It can be hard and take a lot of discipline. You can do it though! Power to you!