Looking for virtual running buddies

Options
I live in the UK, I've been running for over two years and started running initially for weightloss but realised that it helped fight depression and grew to love it. I'm looking for other runners with similar ability. I'm overweight, run between 11 - 12 minute mile (8kph), longest run was a half marathon distance before Christmas. I've entered the ballot for the London marathon next year and will be steadily training for it whether I get in or not. I'm an active logger and log runs via runkeeper. All support is welcome :)

Replies

• Stoicus
    Stoicus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Me, me, pick me!

I've lived in Scotland for the past 5 years and I too started running for weightloss, got back into it this time last year. Did my first half marathon in March and doing a second in October (the Great Scottish Run), also intend to train for a spring marathon though I'm not signed up yet (not London).

I'm overweight (11 kg away from "healthy BMI") and aiming to run a steady 7'30" min/km (12 min/mile) by the end of the year. I've sent you a friend request and would be delighted for others to friend me too!
  • janel867
    janel867 Posts: 53
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I actually just "ran" for the first time this morning!! I only did 1 mile but was a pretty good 13 min mile for my first time :blushing:

In the past I've done 4 half marathons and many 5k & 10k's but have never ran a complete race. I'm doing the Disneyland 5k at the end of this month then the Las Vegas Half Marathon in November so I gotta get my booty in check. According to my BMI I am overweight (was obese when I first started MFP).