Name one thing you did that helped you get to you goal..

Options

Replies

• Magnum_Opus
    Magnum_Opus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Being consistent is key. Whatever you can do consistently is the best approach. Over the years I've developed a knowledge around food coupled with healthy eating habits so no matter where I am in any scenario I'm still able to eat according to my goals.

I've also trained my mind to a state where not working out is painful. I'm not obsessed with it by any means, I train 4 times a week however I appreciate the practice/discipline and what it does for my psyche and my body.

It's all about developing habits so anything outside of that is a foreign invader.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Stopped expecting perfection and beating myself up when I didn't "achieve" it. I consciously make decisions about what goes in my mouth.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Food scale.

Yep. And honest logging.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    joseejolie wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Lifting weights (in particular following a proper program).. I stopped waffling around doing random exercises

Where did you find your program?

I believe @sardelsa uses the Strong Curves program.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    That the MFP user “portion control” and don’t eliminate tasty treats method was surefire disaster and hangry making fest for me.

Eliminating some high calorie/low nutrition foods allow me to eat portions of foods that can fill up my stomach and stop my hunger. Bread, pizza, ice cream, cake etc will be one serving special occasion only foods from now on.

Short and sedentary older ladies like I am t trying to maintain on <1400 calories might just have to sacrifice a sweet treat for the luxury of eating to satiety. At least that is how it works for me. An extra helping of lean chicken and sweet potato fills me up way more than a desert brownie would.

I agree with this, what's the point of losing if you're still going to eat junk...
  • eastsiderapids
    eastsiderapids Posts: 12 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Started using a food scale.
  • rajeshvvcool
    rajeshvvcool Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. Period.
  • MyRoadto195
    MyRoadto195 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree Rajeshvvcool, Intermettent Fasting just works, worked for thousands of years and it working for me. 26 lb down and 74 more to go..
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Being honest with myself.

That meant logging everything, and logging accurately. This allowed me to eat whatever I felt like, in portions that kept me at my calorie limit, so I felt satisfied and achieved success.
  • Mewwwww
    Mewwwww Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Overeating. However, if you stop working out and continue to overeat, you can realllly screw yourself LOL.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!