Care to share? Gym hacks?

Options
Hey, I'm trying to lose about 40lbs and I'd like to start going to the gym about 5 days a week? Any idea what routine I could use? I've never gone before. I'd like to Target my stomach!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I think that if you haven't exercised before, going to the gym 5 days a week is an unrealistic goal. Any increase in activity is good (as long as you're doing it safely), so just going from inactive to daily 10 minutes walks, would be an improvement to your health. Weightloss is simple, but you have to do, not try, and in order to do, you have to understand how it works. You don't have to exercise to lose weight, but you have to eat less. This means consistently taking in fewer calories than you burn, and do it for real, and for a long time. MFP can help you keep track. You choose to use the tools correctly or half-arsedly.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Start slow (not straight from zero to 5 days!), build up progressively, try everything, set goals, make a plan, make a commitment as motivation will wax and wane.

Challenge yourself but enjoy yourself too or it's unlikely to be sustainable long term.