New Here, Looking as to what's going on with Fitbit / MyFitnessPal Synch.

Options
Hello,
Long time user, over 1057 Days Logged on MyFitnessPal.
I average about 20,000 steps a day.
I log all my food in MyFitnessPal.

What the heck is going on with the Synch with Fitbit?
I have called both Fitbit and MyfitnessPal (via email), and no one provides any information.
I am getting Frustrated !

Thanks,
Keith LaBorde
Atlanta, Georgia

Replies

• Tarcispa
    Tarcispa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am experimenting the same issue since Saturday, Dec 16. Thanks Tarcisio, Rome, Italy.
  • deckybecker
    deckybecker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've been having the same issue since yesterday too. If anyone has any info please let us know! Thank you!
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This from the Help Desk from yesterday, Sunday, 12.17.17:

Service went down overnight, affecting sync.
    Sunday, 12/17/2017, 9:45 AM PST

Hello,

Sorry for any recent issues with accessing the food database or syncing. We had a service outage overnight which affected our site and app as well as syncing with our integration partners. While the MyFitnessPal website and app are back up, the fitbit integration is still down. We will do what we can to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,
    Logan
    MyFitnessPal Staff

MFP is still NOT syncing with Fitbit; there's probably a huge back up of sync requests. Sit tight and it will resolve eventually.
  • mlvsmurf
    mlvsmurf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    mlvsmurf wrote: »
    Thank you!

You're welcome! Syncing issues are normal around the holidays. Happens every year.
  • ash_sw
    ash_sw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really like using MFP to log my food, but if this keeps happening, I will stop using it and just log everything in Fitbit. It's not as good, but I'm getting really tired of the service dropping and hearing nothing from MFP.

People with linked accounts should get an alert to a service outage, so we don't have to delink and relink our accounts 600 times before we find out that the service is down. I've wasted a couple of hours across 2 days trying to figure out what I need to do to address a problem I can't fix. I've probably delinked and relinked my accounts 20 times, in different sequences, using the website and both apps.