20 LBS in 6 months

Options
2»

Replies

• Icandoit233
    Icandoit233 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    mechasam wrote: »
    My goal is to go from 135 lbs to 115 lbs (I am short 5"4') in 6 months, it seems to go really slow so far. Is this a realistic goal?

Keep in mind that weight loss isn't always a realistic goal. If you're keeping track of your macros and mixing in some cross-training/endurance/strength exercises, you'll build up muscle and essentially replace fat, getting a more toned physique and sometimes keeping the same weight. I'd recommend a healthy diet/exercise plan rather than focusing simply on calorie deprivation and "weight loss." Keeping track of your body fat % might be more realistic than just standing on a scale.

My plan so far is eating between 1300 - 1700 calories. And I exercise 4 - 5 days a week. I am not really sure if my classes are balanced and if they will make me toned.

The classes I take are:

HardCORE- This class is a mix of high intensity strength, cardiovascular conditioning and core
    training. A variety of exercises in short intervals will be used to increase
    your resting metabolic rate. In simple terms, you will burn tons
    of calories, get stronger, and leaner.

Cardio Combo - Cardio

Total Body Fitness - Strengthen tone and sculpt your entire body!
    Weights, bands and balls will be used for the interval training with a
    mix of cardio intervals. Th is is a High Intensity Program!

And then I usually do an hour on my spin bike at home.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    As long as you stick to your calorie deficit IF will work, it is just another way that helps people stick to their deficit. As for the exercise it sounds pretty well rounded, just make sure you are not overdoing it (doing too much exercise) and that you are eating at least a portion of those exercise calories back, you earned them!
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I've seen people who go from obese to six pack in 6-8 months. I recently had a friend drop 15 pounds in less than 2 months through sheer diet and they were already normal BMI.

Not everyone is the same. Lot of people like to claim you can't/shouldn't lose fast all the way to your goal but what didn't work for someone doesn't mean it won't work for you. There are plenty of success stories of people losing 1-2 pounds/week all the way to their goal and your goal is very reasonable. It's not "too aggressive" as long as you eat 1200 calories. Add in some daily exercise, lift 2-3 times a week, eat about half of those calories back, and it probably won't even take 6 months.