After ~1 year Maintenance Hiatus, Returning for More

Options
Hey everyone! I have been a part of MFP since March 2016, at which point I was 220 pounds. By September 2016, I had lost 35 pounds, but then took a break to do my one-years master's program. Even though I wasn't logging during most of that time, I managed to hit an all time low of 170. Through my dissertation and being out of school, I ended up gaining back to 185. My goal now is to get back into the swing of things and get down to 160-165.

I've been logging again for three weeks and unlike before, am also trying to healthier choices and roughly following macros, and keeping my sugar under 100g (which is still a lot, but my average before was easily over 200 so it's a start.)

I'm eating 1400-1600 calories a day and do not do any special diets. I play pickleball a couple times a week and have a fitbit that syncs for my calorie adjustments, although I only sometimes eat back my exercise calories. I am six feet tall and 23 years old and am looking for friends to cheer on and get ideas from via their diaries. Feel free to add me!

P.S. I had a couple friends on here before that I deleted due to a weird stalker situation that has since been resolved, and I can't remember usernames, so if you've had me as a friend before please re-add me!

Replies

• USMCvette86
    USMCvette86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Working on your Master’s and full-time employment strip most of the time away from you. I’m looking to build muscle and drop around 30 lbs.
  • dcraven16
    dcraven16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @USMCvette86 Yeah, I have currently moved onto full-time work so now I'm trying to squeeze in exercise whenever I can, which can be tough to make a habit! Working a desk job does not help but I'm slowly cutting my mindless snacking down at least.
  • USMCvette86
    USMCvette86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well, I have the opportunity to get between 8-14,000 steps in on the production floor. But munching on junk back at my desk is a struggle. Lol