I'm not going to meet my New Year's goal, and that's okay

Options
Based on my rate of loss through the first part of the year, I set a "stretch goal" to be out of the obese BMI by the end of 2017. Well, we've got 13 days left and it's not looking likely I'm afraid, but that's okay! I needed to hit 164 to be considered overweight and my most recent low is 168.2. I suppose a whoosh is possible, but I'm not holding my breath. So what I'm doing instead of feeling bad about that is celebrating what I did accomplish this year.

Since I started losing weight in January, I've lost 40 pounds, almost 20% of my starting body-weight of 208 lbs. I've gone from size 18 jeans to size 14. I've lost at least three pounds every month since June, and feel pretty good about keeping that up next year (excepting a planned diet break for my birthday in March, which is going to involve So. Much. Sushi.).

I started running and actually enjoy it! I started body-weight exercises and enjoy that too! I've graduated from wall push-ups to stair push-ups, and can do both squats and lunges without support to keep my balance. I own three pairs of shoes for different kinds of exercise! And I've really enjoyed becoming a part of this community so that I don't have to bore my friends and family with constant weight and fitness talk.

Happy early New Year, everybody! Even if you haven't hit a goal or two, I bet you've done something worth celebrating.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Great attitude OP :smile: Keep plugging away, it doesn't matter when you reach your goal but the end is clearly in sight :smile:
  • amy_frances
    amy_frances Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What tremendous accomplishments! There are many ways to measure our goals; a certain number of pounds by a certain date is just one of them. Not to mention that you are extremely close to that goal too! I love looking at the big picture of all the ways you've improved your health and changes you've made. Fantastic work!
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Based on my rate of loss through the first part of the year, I set a "stretch goal" to be out of the obese BMI by the end of 2017. Well, we've got 13 days left and it's not looking likely I'm afraid, but that's okay! I needed to hit 164 to be considered overweight and my most recent low is 168.2. I suppose a whoosh is possible, but I'm not holding my breath. So what I'm doing instead of feeling bad about that is celebrating what I did accomplish this year.

Since I started losing weight in January, I've lost 40 pounds, almost 20% of my starting body-weight of 208 lbs. I've gone from size 18 jeans to size 14. I've lost at least three pounds every month since June, and feel pretty good about keeping that up next year (excepting a planned diet break for my birthday in March, which is going to involve So. Much. Sushi.).

I started running and actually enjoy it! I started body-weight exercises and enjoy that too! I've graduated from wall push-ups to stair push-ups, and can do both squats and lunges without support to keep my balance. I own three pairs of shoes for different kinds of exercise! And I've really enjoyed becoming a part of this community so that I don't have to bore my friends and family with constant weight and fitness talk.

Happy early New Year, everybody! Even if you haven't hit a goal or two, I bet you've done something worth celebrating.

You inspire me soooo much!!! Thank you for sharing your accomplishments!!!!! I enjoy being a part of your day. You’ve really helped me today, I was pretty discouraged. Thank you!!

Good luck at your interview!!!