Holidays!

Options
Hi everyone.
I fly to the USA on Friday for a family holiday to Florida, although I’ll swimming, walking and running more etc, I can see I’ll be eating more too, any advice on how to control this? Or possibly lose weight whilst in holiday? Take advantage of the extra exercise?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Be aware of your portion sizes. But do try all the food- sharing is good.

If you get in the amount of activity I usually do on my trips to Florida all the walking, beach activities, etc, will offset a few hundred extra calories, but not unlimited eating and drinking.

Cheers, h.
  • kate1483
    kate1483 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That’s a good plan!
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Also, try to have a high protein snack with you to take the edge off... I like Epic bars; they are around 130 calories and help immensely.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its a holiday, enjoy but keep an eye on portions, as @middlehaitch says, sharing is a good way to do that. Keeping active will help.

At the end of the day if you choose over overeat and go over your maintenance calories every day you will gain some weight but when the holiday is over, get back to normal routine and any gain will be history in no time. :smiley: I never gain more than 1 or 2lbs when on holidays - usually aim to eat no more than 500 cals above TDEE/maintenance cals ( I think I do pretty well considering my holiday of choice is all inclusive cruising :smiley: ). I prefer to keep an eye mostly on how much I eat because I don't like having to lose more than a few pounds at any time. If you really don't want to gain then you will have to keep an eye on your intake.

Have a great time :smile: