Gadgets - Up or Fitbit?

Options
2»

Replies

• Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing right now!!! I really really want to get better tracking tools for calories burned and my general energy expenditure and have been going back and forth between the fitness trackers and a HRM...

My big thing is I would really like to get an accurate (enough) calorie burn for when I play roller derby. Going through MFP there is obviously not a roller derby option LOL so I have to choose inline skating. I guess they are comparable to a degree, but still...

I'd love to just buy both and use them together but it seems like that is a lot of money to dish out.

I'm starting to think that it is more important for me to figure out accurate calorie burn for my actual exercise versus just my daily activity level.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing right now!!! I really really want to get better tracking tools for calories burned and my general energy expenditure and have been going back and forth between the fitness trackers and a HRM...

My big thing is I would really like to get an accurate (enough) calorie burn for when I play roller derby. Going through MFP there is obviously not a roller derby option LOL so I have to choose inline skating. I guess they are comparable to a degree, but still...

I'd love to just buy both and use them together but it seems like that is a lot of money to dish out.

I'm starting to think that it is more important for me to figure out accurate calorie burn for my actual exercise versus just my daily activity level.

For what you are after I would definitely go for the HRM. All the pedometers talked about to this point aren't meant for what you after, they just log steps. Well, maybe the Bodyfit is, but from what I have seen the arm bands are questionable in terms of accuracy, chest straps are much better from what I have read (no personal experience, though).