What's my TDEE?

Options
I finally hit my goal weight and want to slowly increase my calories to maintenance level. The problem is, I don't know what "maintenance" level is for me. I've calculated my TDEE using a few different calculators and they all give such varying answers. I don't want to lose anymore weight, so I don't want to eat too little... but I also don't want to each too much and gain weight back. I'm hesitant to even up my calorie level at all because it seems that any time I go over my goal, MFP tells me I will have gained weight in 5 weeks. Someone out there has to know what they're talking about... can you help me determine an accurate TDEE?

I am 5'8", female, 23 years old, 139.8 lbs and workout for 60 minutes a day (doing Jazzercise), 5-6 times per week. Currently eating 1720 calories per day, which is what MFP calculated for me to lose 0.5 lbs per week.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited to add: I'm also vegetarian, if that makes any difference...

Replies

• ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump
  • awie11
    awie11 Posts: 44
    Options
    http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

That calculator gave me an extremely accurate result, but I think you need to just test out a calorie amount for maybe 2-3 weeks and see what happens. If you lose weight up it by 2-300 calories if you gain weight lower it by 2-300 calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd eat 2000 or 2100 too.
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

That calculator gave me an extremely accurate result, but I think you need to just test out a calorie amount for maybe 2-3 weeks and see what happens. If you lose weight up it by 2-300 calories if you gain weight lower it by 2-300 calories.

This is probably the most advanced one I have seen, thanks for the link! But it put me at ~2600 calories. I don't know that I could even think about eating that much in one day, especially since I have found ways to stuff myself to the point of discomfort and still stay under 1800. I think I'll slowly increase to 2000 a day and see where that gets me. Thanks!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I was so determined to find out my TDEE that I bought a Fitbit when I got close to maintenance. I LOVE it! You wear it all day. Not everyday is exactly the same so just wear it for a few weeks and average it out. I highly recommend it! :)