Water weight?

Options
I just started working out again and my weight has gone up 3 pounds since Saturday.
Please tell me it's water weight? I haven't changed my eating at all.

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking/logging your eating?
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    lbbybasz5qss.jpg
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Are you tracking/logging your eating?

Yes I weigh, measure and log everything. I was 1 pound away from a 40 pound loss, then it went up 3 pounds. I eat around 1500 calories a day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Do the math...to gain 3 Lbs of actual fat you would have had to consume 10,500 calories over MAINTENANCE calories...that would be a lot of food, so I'm sure you would be well aware if you did something like that.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    It's common to have water weight gain when you exercise more intensively than you usually do.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It’s water weight
  • kshearer13
    kshearer13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When you do new exercises or exercise intensly you cause micro tears in the muscle fibres. This is normal. But, this does cause inflammation as the body tries to respond to the tears to fix them (also how we build muscle), also the sugars that feed your muscles need water to do this. So, your body retains water. Over time your body will start to figure out how to better respond to your exercise and you won't be seeing as much inflammation or water weight.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    it could be water. it could be different clothes your wearing at weigh in, different scale, weighing at a different time of day, could be coffee or dinner in your stomach. could be anything really, but chances are its not fat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    I just started working out again and my weight has gone up 3 pounds since Saturday.
    Please tell me it's water weight? I haven't changed my eating at all.

yep, its water weight