Cutting back on calories to make up for Parties - F 5'11"

So I had 2 Christmas parties where I ate and drank way above my calorie limits (2400 extra cal over 2 days).

I currently set my calorie goals for 1700 during the week and 2000 on Sat and Sun.
I was planning to cut out 400 calories (each day) for the next 6 days to make up for the Christmas parties.

I was wondering if this was an ok idea. I'd still be eating at least 1300 a day. I'm just not sure if this will stall or mess with my weightloss when I go back to my normal calorie allotment.

Replies

• jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    I think you'll be ok. 1,300 shouldn't be starving yourself. Another option is just accept failure for the days where those 2 parties were. You don't have to be perfect to get where you want to go. It won't delay your end result more than a week or two.
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    1,300 is fine. I eat 1,200 per day and have for the past 4 months.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    If it was me, I'd forgot that I went over and go back to regularly scheduled programming. I've never been one for "trying to cancel out the wrong I've done". I just start over.

I'm 5'11 too - And I can honestly say that 1300 calories AND working out at 5'11 is HARD. You need the calories for energy. Us Amazons have different needs than some other women of other heights.

So, my advice, forgive yourself for those 2 days and on.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    Life happens. Losing weight doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy those random days like Christmas parties or thanksgiving or your birthday. The odd off day isn't going to ruin your progress. Be mindful but enjoy yourself at those events.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    If it was me, I'd forgot that I went over and go back to regularly scheduled programming. I've never been one for "trying to cancel out the wrong I've done". I just start over.

I'm 5'11 too - And I can honestly say that 1300 calories AND working out at 5'11 is HARD. You need the calories for energy. Us Amazons have different needs than some other women of other heights.

So, my advice, forgive yourself for those 2 days and on.

Yeah, I'm 5'6" and would be a miserable witch with a paltry 1300 calories.

I plan to make up for expected over indulgences before they happen by exercising more and eating a little less ahead of time. Trying to make up for it afterwards feels too punitive.