What online Food delivery services do you recommend?

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont know. i looked at some out of curiosity, but was outside of my price range. for 3 meals a week for myself and my son, for those prices, i can buy groceries for a whole week.

but i also know how to cook.

im gone 12 hours a day. the crock pot and preplanning is my best friend. if im making something in the oven, ill leave it on the oven before i leave, and leave a note for my son telling him what time to turn the oven on, so its ready when i get home.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've done HelloFresh over the past 6-7 months, not every week but the weeks when I don't want to take the time to meal plan and go grocery shopping I hop on and set up my delivery for the next week that saves me a few hours of my week and I would rather pay more and have my time than spend it grocery shopping.

Most things take me max 20 minutes from start to finish. Most of that is me standing there impatiently waiting for my food because I like to eat. Last night made honey sriracha chicken legs with rice and green beans, delicious.

I also know there's one called HomeChef that my friend uses, she hasn't complained about any of that and I think you can also order fruit and smoothies too.
  • BigRed2525
    BigRed2525 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've done HelloFresh and Blue Apron. I much prefer Blue Apron. However, my reasons for choosing a meal delivery service had to do more with the planning/meal prep aspect. (built in portion control is an added bonus, but not why I subscribed). I've been very impressed with the quality of some of the dishes. It's also helped break up a bit of a dinner rut that I was in beforehand--I was eating the same things over and over. I also like that the recipes are portioned for two--I was taught how to cook for a table full of field hands, not two adults.