How do you take your coffee?

Options
Ok, so every morning I usually grab coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts. I used to order it light & sweet until I saw the calorie count. I then ordered it with skim milk and 4 Splenda. Apparently I’m allergic to Splenda or something because every time I drank it, my mouth and tongue would go numb. How does everyone drink their coffee if they order it? Almond milk? Cream? I like a coffee a bit sweet

Replies

• flmnbently
    flmnbently Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Large Dark Roast Black 13 calories!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    2-3 cups of black coffee every day
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Usually black but sometimes I will get two sugar free flavor shots. 5 cals. I don't think their syrups contain Splenda but don't hold me to that. I would assume it's maltitol or something.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    1 sugar and milk.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Tim Hortons medium regular - 105 calories and totally worth it. Just one per day
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,169 Member
    Options
    How does everyone drink their coffee if they order it? Almond milk? Cream? I like a coffee a bit sweet

Black as night.

• LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Black! I used to use creamer and sugar, but started drinking black last January--was considering trying Whole 30. Anyway, by my third cup I was completely fine with it! Easy to get used to...highly recommend it if you're looking to reduce calories.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    At Dunkin I get skim and a flavor shot. The shots are only like 40 cals or so, you just want to make sure you don't get a flavor swirl, which is delicious but lots of calories.

At home I put in a little Ovaltine and some Fairlife 2%, yum :)
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I use two teaspoons of half&half...my stomach can't take black...and a teaspoon and a half of sugar. Tea is the same half&half, but 1.25 sugar. I really miss those light & sweet days...
    @kimny72 I love Ovaltine!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Almond/cashew milk blend, vanilla and unsweetened on weekdays. On weekends, we have dark roast coffee and I use half and half.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Black, and I ain't going back.

I go back all the time.

Fidelity obviously isn't my thing.

• whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Either black or with a teaspoon of sugar, usually the latter.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Black as my soul
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I make my coffee at home 99.9%, and use 2 TBSP of half and half, sometimes a sugar free flavored (torani does use Splenda for theirs though). I'd rather creamier coffee than sweet.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    At DD I get just cream. At home I use milk. The cream is slightly tastier but the milk has more protein so I usually go that route.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Either Time Hortons with one cream and one sugar or with vanilla or chocolate coconut milk at home yum :)
  • cjfarborist
    cjfarborist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started drinking tea because milk makes it taste way creamier and i can use way less milk than half and half to get the same creamy taste! But i used to love coffee with cream, nice and light.
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    13 grams of sugar and 2 tbsp of soy creamer