going to be tough next week

Options
next week is Christmas and im off of work as well. my normal routine right now is going to the gym after work cause it is on my way home. but not needing to go to work im going to need the motivation to leave the house to go to the gym. also bored eating might be a problem as well as I have no plans for the week and a lot of my friends are still working that week. going to be tough.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Since you dont have much to do, it will be easy to make time for the gym. If you're working out , you wont be eating..
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Since you dont have much to do, it will be easy to make time for the gym. If you're working out , you wont be eating..

Thats what i hope happens but its to easy to just sit and play my video games all day
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Thats what i hope happens but its to easy to just sit and play my video games all day

That's the choice you make.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,946 Member
    Options
    I exercise more between Christmas and New Years because I have the time off ... get outside ... cycle, run, hike, canoe, ski, snowshoe ....
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    just get out and go and party on!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,476 Member
    Options
    Pick your gym time. Set an alarm. The first day is very important. After that, the next day is very important.

Any reason to get up and out of the house is good.

If you keep finding yourself wandering to the kitchen, find a dirty household job to do.
  • TenderBlender667
    TenderBlender667 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Continue working out. I find that if I work out, it decreases my appetite for a few hours afterwards which means less time spent thinking about food. Replace that boredom with an activity you like such as walking outside, talking to family, house cleaning...etc.
  • bradlycave83
    bradlycave83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stay Driven!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You can sit at home on your butt and play video games if you want to. Or you can keep your exercise routine going and work out when you normally would. You'll get no criticism from me either way. Merry Christmas!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Instead of accidentally screwing up, decide what you want to do in advance. That way if you want to relax and play video games, you get to enjoy it.

For example, you might give yourself a week at maintenance calories, which means at least you won't be gaining back the weight you have lost. Or decide to go to the gym half as often, and take walks on days you don't. In my case, I'm eating at maintenance until after New Year's, and the two days before Christmas coincide with my rest days anyway, plus I am adding Christmas as a third rest day. But I'm taking a nice long run the day after. Probably I will do some bodyweight exercises and a little bit of cycling on my rest days, but if I don't, that's okay too.
  • CaffeineAngel
    CaffeineAngel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can sit at home on your butt and play video games if you want to. Or you can keep your exercise routine going and work out when you normally would. You'll get no criticism from me either way. Merry Christmas!

Or go to the gym for an hour, go home and sit on your butt and play video games :). I find a good game can be very distracting and don't really think about eating whilst playing one. It's Christmas so going to park a big bottle of water next to me and actually finish Divinity OS:2. (and maybe walk a lot as...yeah...)

Merry Christmas all!
  • frankie5152
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your imput and ideas. Im really hoping this week i will be able to control my diet and work out so i can continue through the new year
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @frankie5152 here’s what I do that may help....4-3-2-1. On days where I need to distract myself from food, games, wine, whatever, I walk. First 4 Miles, then 3, then 2 then 1. I stagger it thru the day. It takes a lot of time to walk 10 miles and that’s time that you’re not sitting at home, bored and hungry.
  • frankie5152
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    @frankie5152 here’s what I do that may help....4-3-2-1. On days where I need to distract myself from food, games, wine, whatever, I walk. First 4 Miles, then 3, then 2 then 1. I stagger it thru the day. It takes a lot of time to walk 10 miles and that’s time that you’re not sitting at home, bored and hungry.

10 miles is a lot for someone my size but ill try to at least do my 60 mins of walking every day.
  • runsharon54321
    runsharon54321 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey that's great you are walking 60 minutes every day!! Hope your holiday is going well and just look for the healthier good food.
  • frankie5152
    Options
    I did work out every day but truth is you can not out work a bad diet. So hopefully with going back to my regular routine will help get that back under control but olny gained 1 lb so im not too upset
  • CassieBinTC
    CassieBinTC Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Frankie,
    Hope today goes smooth and you work toward getting back to your normal routine. You have no reason to be upset what so ever you made it to the gym and that is major.
  • frankie5152
    Options
    thanks this week is going much better al ready @cmbeserra