What should I do?

Options
Hi guys ! So its that time of the month and I feel hungry all the time. I already ate 1200 calories worth of biscuits so I only have about 400 calories left for dinner! Should I exercise more? Or just eat at maintenance? I have 5 pounds left to lose.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can't undo today. Eat a normal dinner. Plan better for tomorrow. Investigate if 1200 calories is right for you - if you just have 5 pounds left to lose, you can't lose at top speed, and it's likely that MFP just floored out on 1200 calories.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    You can't undo today. Eat a normal dinner. Plan better for tomorrow. Investigate if 1200 calories is right for you - if you just have 5 pounds left to lose, you can't lose at top speed, and it's likely that MFP just floored out on 1200 calories.

I don't think 1200 is their calorie allowance (they mentioned eating 1200 calories of biscuits and still having 400 calories remaining so that would be 1600 calories)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I don't think 1200 is their calorie allowance (they mentioned eating 1200 calories of biscuits and still having 400 calories remaining so that would be 1600 calories)

Oops, you're right, my bad :# But maybe 1600 is too little, too. (ETA: Especially when three quarters of those calories are taken in the form of biscuits...)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance.
    Try to make the rest of your calories for the day count more nutritionally.
  • kshearer13
    kshearer13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When you slip up on a meal, don't stress. Eat normally for the rest of the day (even if it means going slightly over your calories). Not sure what time of day it is there but if you've eaten the majority of calories befote lunch and dinner you likely won't be able to stay below maintenance or even at maintenance and that's okay. One meal won't make or break your journey, but if you deprive yourself for the rest of the day to stay within your calories you may end up lehargic, you may be starving tomorrow and find it harder to stay on track, you may have a crappy workout today or tomorrow, etc. So get back on track starting now, workout (not as punishment), and tomorrow is a new day.

P.S. the day before my period I usually stay at maintence or slightly above because I seem to be starving all day and I only seem to be hungry for sugars and breads.