Any exercise tips?

Options
I am not going to any gym at the moment, however, I want to start. Unfortunately, It can only happen end of January due to financial constrictions and commitments. So, I was hoping for some general advice about home workouts without any machines or weights. Keep in mind I m a very larger 130 kg/300 pound man.

Below, you will find my current body pics, please keep in mind that I haven't been fit or healthy since high school(8 years).

f7ve5es3h160.jpg

q1qpi49157uy.jpg

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    walk
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,080 Member
    Options
    Walking, Bodyweight Workout Routines, just generally getting more activity in your day:
    • If you drive park further away in the car park
    • If you use public transport - get off a stop earlier
    • Take stairs instead of using lifts/escalators
    • If you're in the habit of watching tv, try to watch it whilst doing some other activity ironing, cooking, etc.

If you want to start a little strength training but don't have weights, start with some water bottles or canned goods.

All the little things add up.
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I only do bodyweight and it's kept me in fantastic shape (in my opinion). Squats, lunges, pushups, pullups mainly. These can be modified to any level of ability. I also do supermans (see also: bird dogs),dolphins, goodmornings, crunches and bicycles for back and core.