I need you

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the quickest way to lose weight in your situation is to kick the *kitten* to the curb! BOOM! seee ya jack *kitten*
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Don't let his honesty devastate you. Use it constructively. Also, did he really word it that way? Or are you letting your emotional distress kind of take on new wording? The other day my boyfriend said that since putting on my weight he found me a little less attractive. If i wanted, i could also say he said i was getting too fat.. but i took his honesty with appreciation, he is letting me know that things are starting to get out of control now.. its hard to watch someone we care about seem like they don't care about themselves..

I think this is a very good example of what you said in another recent thread (I didn't feel it really applied there, but it does here).

OP It's very easy to misconstrue what is said and the background to the conversation so I think it's important to think about what @HellYeahItsKriss has said and look at what was actually said and how it was intended to come across.

Gaining weight can take it's toll on relationships not necessarily because your partner doesn't find you attractive because of the weight gain or because they are unsupportive but because they are sat on the sidelines when you're unhappy with yourself and that impacts relationships, it's all too easy to wallow in self-pity, depression and anxiety and find yourself making less and less effort in the relationship.

It can also be difficult for loved ones to communicate their concerns when both physical and mental health becomes a problem. Perhaps there have been less drastic hints and conversations previously and this ultimatum has come out of frustration?

You should want to do this for yourself, but if the ultimatum has given you the wake up call you needed then maybe it's a good thing. You shouldn't feel as though you can't eat though - that isn't healthy either.

Check out the Most Helpful posts that are linked in the post further up, set your MFP account up for a moderate rate of loss. Log your normal food for a couple of days, see where you can find sustainable ways of cutting back calories.