Picky eaters recipes / recipe ideas!

Options
I am an extremely picky eater. Probably worse than a toddler at times. Recently I’ve been getting better though- my favorite healthy meal is pan (cooked roasted ? Idk terms..) chicken with tomatoes spinach onions peppers and zucchini.

In need of some good recipe ideas that might also help out fellow picky eaters!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    If you go to AllRecipes.com you can input the foods you like and it will spit out recipes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe you'll have success just by stopping calling yourself a picky eater. That recipe contains many different and challenging items. You will like some things that you try, and hate others. Nobody can predict which. Try any recipe.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I have always been curious about this.. if one is a picky eater.. how could other peoples recipes help? wouldn't someone elses picky eating be different from anothers?... i mean, technically.. i could be considered a picky eater.. i don't like any fruits raw or cooked besides banana.. and I only like maybe 5 veggies, which don't include onion, tomato, cucumber, celery, mushrooms, green beans, any kind of peppers, beets, parsnips... the list goes on.. very few recipes out there i have found that don't at least have tomatoes, onions, mushrooms or peppers in them for filler or flavor lol..
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have always been curious about this.. if one is a picky eater.. how could other peoples recipes help? wouldn't someone elses picky eating be different from anothers?... i mean, technically.. i could be considered a picky eater.. i don't like any fruits raw or cooked besides banana.. and I only like maybe 5 veggies, which don't include onion, tomato, cucumber, celery, mushrooms, green beans, any kind of peppers, beets, parsnips... the list goes on.. very few recipes out there i have found that don't at least have tomatoes, onions, mushrooms or peppers in them for filler or flavor lol..

I have two siblings that are picky eaters and they don't even like the food the other one eats.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Lol yeah.. thats what i was thinking.. like just based on the OP's post.. besides the chicken and spinach.. their entire meal wouldn't even be something i would bother to eat lol
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    My BF is an unreasonably picky eater. I have a discerning palate and a small list of foods I don't care for, and I have solid reasons to back up every food I don't like.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I am an extremely picky eater. Probably worse than a toddler at times. Recently I’ve been getting better though- my favorite healthy meal is pan (cooked roasted ? Idk terms..) chicken with tomatoes spinach onions peppers and zucchini.

In need of some good recipe ideas that might also help out fellow picky eaters!

You could put the ingredients you like into something like supercook. http://www.supercook.com/#/recipes
    Or search for one particular ingredient on pinterest.
    Chicken, spinach, tomatoes, onion, peppers and zucchini are in lots of dishes.
    My picky dd likes minstrone which has some of the ingredients you listed. http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/copycat-olive-garden-minestrone-soup-by-todd-wilbur-77585
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    If you're that picky, you're going to have to tell us what you do like, and we can go from there. Otherwise this is an exercise in futility.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty picky, in the literal sense - I will pick my food apart so I can see the individual components. I don't like mixed food, wet food or anything soggy. I also don't like messy food or anything with a lot of sauce. I won't do anything that is too oily or deep fried either.

As you can see, it's preparation of the food that will turn me off of it. Maybe you're just preparing things in a way that makes it unappetizing? Or do you actually only like chicken and a few veggies? What else do you eat?