Garcinia Cambogia benefits?

Options
Hello! My mom was recently given a few bottles of garcinia cambogia, a "weight loss supplement" by her friend. I've done some research online and read it has a couple of benefits, but I wanted to see if anyone here has taken it and seen any type of benefits from it at all, weight loss or just general health/energy in general. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Total scam and ripoff. Useless supplement.

https://examine.com/supplements/garcinia-cambogia/
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Maybe she should run this by her doctor first. This supplement could interfere with medications she may be taking. I've never taken it, but I understand one study showed that people who took it for twelve weeks lost just one to two pounds more than the people taking a placebo. And that could have been because they got diarrhea.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The only benefits from "weight loss supplements", is the money transferred to those who make and sell it. Unless it's consistently eating less and/or moving more, it's not giving the user any benefits. Eating a more nutritious diet, being more active, losing weight, and feeling more in control, is good for health, and usually makes people feel more energetic.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Options
    OP you surprise me.
    You have been here long enough to write nearly 1000 posts and you ask this??

I have seen lots of similar threads but usually by people very novice to MFP.

Some folk spend a lot of time on the Chit Chat threads and never venture into the serious side
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Take it from someone who fell for the "supplement scams" when I first started to lose weight. I bought it all CLA, green tea, Garcia cambogia, ACV, you name it I tried it. Same story with each, they work for about a week because of the placebo effect ( I thought it was going to work so it did for a bit) then they stop and you are out at least $200 and have nothing to show for it. Please learn from my expensive mistake!