Why can’t I get back into it :(

Options
Recently I lost 50lbs over the course of this year, but I majorly let myself go a few months ago and didn’t monitor what I ate and didn’t do any active apart form my normal lifestyle. Obviously it took its toll and I’ve gained 14lbs back which makes me so sad but I need to get back on it, but ever time I try , I just failllll! I start logging in the morning but come lunch time or dinner time I lose control as I’m so hungry... I used to be able to do this so well! Need motivation again :(

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Reset your calories so you can eat a little more. Remember you used to be disciplined. Get back on the horse.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Find your WHY.
  • schmanciepants
    schmanciepants Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I️ hear you...I️ have gained back about 12 lbs since March and have struggled with getting back into the healthy habits. But I️ keep trying....
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I was 107 in May having lost almost 60 lbs, now am 111 lbs. Which isn't a great deal of weight gain, but I find myself binge eating after every 30-40 days and I'm certain I'm storing more fat than before. I lose some of the weight, then I'll have another day or two where I overeat to the point of excess and regain it. As I'm not exercising, my maintenance is only 1400 calories or so, I'm aiming to eat 1350, but finding it tougher than before and am constantly hungry. I don't know why, as I was content on 1200 before.

I'm joining the gym in January and will increase my calories to 1400, plus increase my protein as it is often very low (some days just 20 g or so). Just have to keep at it and don't give up! All is not lost.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    Self forgiveness is the first step.
    On this very long and bumpy road we fall over, but get back up and keep walking.
    You are human.
    You CAN do this.
    Look at this as a LIFELONG JOURNEY.
    Today is a NEW DAY and start again!!!