Embarrassing Excess Skin Question

Options
2»

Replies

• shanapadilla2
    shanapadilla2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know some times doctors reccomend barrier creams/ ointments. Keeps the moister off the area. Kinda like an adult diaper rash product. Come in clear or white paste.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I was given a tip to use Summers Eve spray under the apron area, works great for me. After showering/drying, I spray a quick spray and I'm good to go. I only have 25-30 pounds to go and the apron is shrinking now but I doubt will be totally gone unless I have surgery (had 2 C-sections that really took a toll).
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the insight. I'm not sure if it's bad enough to see a doctor but I've been trying out some of the suggestions on here and boy is it a pain in the butt! Definitely having to sneak dry the areas with a blow dryer and hydrogen peroxide is working somewhat to "treat" but not to "prevent". Going to look for a couple of the topicals recommended on here this week.
  • grnmarvel
    grnmarvel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor and have it documented that it is an issue. Some insurances will pay for excess skin removal if there is proper documentation from a medical professional. It becomes a medical issue and therefore covered by some insurances. Just an option for future consideration.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    the body glide that runners use may help. also, depending on exactly how and where it falls, underwear that goes 'under' the flap )if that makes sense) may provide a nice barrier. (id stick to good old fashion cotton undies for that) deodorant too, may help (i use it under the 'boobages' sometimes LOLOLOL)
  • aeloine
    Options
    the body glide that runners use may help. also, depending on exactly how and where it falls, underwear that goes 'under' the flap )if that makes sense) may provide a nice barrier. (id stick to good old fashion cotton undies for that) deodorant too, may help (i use it under the 'boobages' sometimes LOLOLOL)

Thanks. The underwear trick is 10/10. My biggest issue right now is funk in the belly button :/
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Use Gold Bond powder, it's different than the other powders. You will be amazed. To explain further you are likely dealing with a yeast issue. It likes warm dark damp places. I suffered forever and tried everything then my sister who's an RN took one look and told me what to do. Clears things up in 24 hours.
  • aeloine
    Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Use Gold Bond powder, it's different than the other powders. You will be amazed. To explain further you are likely dealing with a yeast issue. It likes warm dark damp places. I suffered forever and tried everything then my sister who's an RN took one look and told me what to do. Clears things up in 24 hours.

Oh my gosh, thank you!

It's been such a struggle!!!