Excess skin and belly shape?

Options
Hi everyone.
So far i have lost 41 kilo grams since February. But i'm upset cause when i look at myself on the mirror i still have a a big belly which looks fat, even though i look alot skinnier i still got that belly, i got skin but i'm sure there's still a good amount of fat there. What things do you reckon will make my belly slimmer? I was told to get waist trimmer but i dunno if it really works. And also the chest it's no that bad but how do i get the right shape? I'm doing pushups, i thought it's very good in shaping.
Thanks

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it and keep losing until you have less fat. I also tend to lose it everywhere other than my belly, however, when you finally get rid of the stubborn pounds they will eventually come off the belly.

In the mean time, if you are not already doing core workouts (yoga, pilates, etc) then that will help to strengthen your torso and stomach. But no exercise is going to make you lose only in your belly, you have to just keep reducing body fat and eventually it will come off - and by the time it does you will probably have some amazing arms and legs too!!!
  • Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it and keep losing until you have less fat. I also tend to lose it everywhere other than my belly, however, when you finally get rid of the stubborn pounds they will eventually come off the belly.

In the mean time, if you are not already doing core workouts (yoga, pilates, etc) then that will help to strengthen your torso and stomach. But no exercise is going to make you lose only in your belly, you have to just keep reducing body fat and eventually it will come off - and by the time it does you will probably have some amazing arms and legs too!!!

Thank you.
    Buti'm a male, 188 height and weight 99.5 kg.
    Isn't that good enough?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Tariq_1997 wrote: »

Thank you.
    Isn't that good enough?

At 6'1 and 219 lbs, you still have another 30 to 40 lbs to go if you want to be lean enough. And if you haven't started, start lifting.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Thank you.
    Isn't that good enough?

I'm the same weight as you and have been lifting for 6+ years, have 190lbs of lean mass and wouldn't consider myself lean yet.

Maybe take a diet break and then get back to losing fat. Ultimately though, you will probably require surgery to remove the excess skin.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Thank you.
    Isn't that good enough?

If you are content with how you look/feel, it is good enough. If you aren't, then it's not good enough. You're in a better position than you were a year ago, no doubt. It's up to you whether you want to keep pushing or not. Sometimes a long term break from the diet in order to eat at maintenance for awhile gives a person some time to recharge before pushing on for more weight loss.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'1" and 215. He started at 220. I can tell you just from looking at him he carries all his weight in his midsection. His goal is to get back down to 185-190. At that weight he was healthy and didn't have a huge belly. So diet and exercise is the only thing that will help lose it.
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I also have this problem, I lost 56 lbs and I'm a mom of two I look skinny then I lift up my top and its saggy fat that I hate, but have came to terms with its (kinda) and I know I can only just keep working out and maybe eventually try new core/stomach workouts that will maybe help, just be proud of what you have done and the direction you are going in, good for you, and not everyone looks like models especially someone that had lost alot of weight
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,285 Member
    Options
    Skin shrinkage tends to be slower than weight loss, even when you get down to true loose skin (thin wrinkles, not 1/2" or bigger rolls). Patience for a year or more may generate further appearance improvement.

If there are thicker folds, there's likely still some subcutaneous fat conspiring with gravity to keep the skin stretched. In this case, either more weight loss, or building muscle at the same goal weight (recomposition, or bulk and cut cycles) may be helpful.

Waist trimmers don't do much.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've been told one can't spot reduce continue with the weight loss, and ensure you have a progressive lifting routine the stomach may be the last place for the weight to come off for you. Good luck!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    Steady state cardio for half hr 5x a week. Keep the heart rate at 60-75% of your max heart rate doing aerobic exercise. You’ll see the fat fall off. Steady low intensity is key. So on the treadmill you’ll see a fat burning zone, stay in that zone. Keep your High intensity workouts and strength training but add the low intensity steady state cardio
    This "old" theory has been circulating for years in the fitness and diet industry.
    Fat loss comes down to ONE thing.............burning more OVERALL calories than you take in regardless of how it's achieved.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png