Lenny and Larry's cookies

Options
Some of my co workers, like Lenny Larry's, but I just can not convince myself to pay $2 a cookie. That is even the Walmart price on a 24 pack. Are they really that good?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    My take: they're tasty, but not really worth either the price tag or the calories. It's also somewhat difficult for me to split a cookie in half and save the rest for later (which, with my calorie goals and the rest of what I want to eat, I would usually want to do), so I just skip them.

There's also this: https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/lenny-larrys-complete-cookie-lacks-protein-says-class-action-lawsuit-46d7d6ce1fae

If you're getting them for the protein, it may be a waste.
  • Armywife04_21
    Armywife04_21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don’t have an issue with the price. My issue is that 1 cookie is over 400 calories. Their nutrition label is for 2oz of that 1 cookie, who eats half a cookie? Not I. So I pass on the cookie and stick to my protein powder.
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    They don't actually taste all THAT awesome, so I'd vote no. I bought a box or 2 when I first found out about them (Snickerdoodle is the only one I liked), but after the 8th one (not in 1 day, people--I like cookies but not THAT much), I was just done with them. Better to make your own protein muffins IMHO.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly, apart from a couple flavors, no, they're not good. Plus the macros are not that great and they are not filling anyway. I'd rather have 3 smaller homemade cookies for the calories (or two Pepperidge Farm ones, which are the only packaged cookies that I really love).

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I love them! Not as good as a real cookie, so not much temptation to go back for seconds. Better than a lot of protein bars. Usually 1/4 of a cookie fills me up and satisfies my sweet tooth for just 90 calories. My favorite is white chocolate macadamia.
    I pay $1.59 plus tax/cookie, so less than 50 cents per serving.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If you have a sweet tooth, try the new quest birthday cake flavor. It’s 180 cals of awesome.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I like L&L (specifically, double chocolate) but at 25-44C/gram, they're not a very good source of protein. As vegan junk food goes, i'd personally prefer a pint of sorbet or some dairy free halo top.
  • JAYxMSxPES
    JAYxMSxPES Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The chocolate chocolate chip ones are really good, as far as protein supplements go. As others have said, be careful because each cookie is 2 servings and I found that out the hard way. If they work within your nutrition plan and can also be satisfying for you and keep you away from other junk food, then I wouldn't be afraid to try them.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    For those annoyed by the 1/2 cookie serving size, that is for the 4 oz cookies and you can also get 2 oz cookies.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I bought a variety pack when I needed to add about 400 calories, 50g carbs, with a little fat, fiber & protein, with no fake sugars in a small volume and highly portable container. L&L fit the bill. They did get flagged at airport security though.

My race was in mid-October and I still have most of the cookies left. They are Ok. Some flavors are better than others. But overall, not worth the calorie hit (even for 1/2 a cookie) for me. I paid about $1.50/cookie for the ones I got and I think that was pretty steep.

But they served the purpose I needed them for very well. And I will use them again for my next long-distance race-especially a travel race. They won’t be part of my regular snack rotation though.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    The lawsuit is all about the type of protein used, rather than amount of protein. It will be interesting what the court decides, because proteins are *not* all created equal.

That being said--L&L is my comfort food that I don't mind eating on running days because some protein is better than none. If you're looking for a protein cookie with a lot of protein, my go-to is Myprotein double chocolate cookies: 320 calories/37.5 g protein/7 g sugar.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    The lawsuit is all about the type of protein used, rather than amount of protein. It will be interesting what the court decides, because proteins are *not* all created equal.

That being said--L&L is my comfort food that I don't mind eating on running days because some protein is better than none. If you're looking for a protein cookie with a lot of protein, my go-to is Myprotein double chocolate cookies: 320 calories/37.5 g protein/7 g sugar.

May I ask which claim you're referring to? The link I posted above has the claim that the plaintiff's testing reveals 4-9 grams of protein per cookie, not 16. I'm not saying that the testing is necessarily accurate, but that's the claim that was made.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The lawsuit is in the process now so soon we will all be able to claim some money if we bought over the past few years lol.

I always buy the 2oz ones and think they are a lot more reasonable calorie wise. They also taste A LOT better than the large ones. I love the small snickerdoodle because it is thinner so not as "play doughy" and has more cinnamon sugar. I had a big one today because I got one for christmas and it was not as good as the small ones. Too doughy and not enough like a cookie for me. They also had a strange fake taste that I don't seem to detect in the smaller version.

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/829103-lenny-larrys-the-complete-cookie-class-action-investigation/
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

May I ask which claim you're referring to? The link I posted above has the claim that the plaintiff's testing reveals 4-9 grams of protein per cookie, not 16. I'm not saying that the testing is necessarily accurate, but that's the claim that was made.

Here's a (I'm guessing accurate) breakdown of the factors of the case: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/lenny-and-larrys-lawsuit

• Mrs181
    Mrs181 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat a (much better tasting) protein bar and a couple of Oreos.
    Same calories, more protein, more happiness.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Here's a (I'm guessing accurate) breakdown of the factors of the case: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/lenny-and-larrys-lawsuit

Thanks!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I bought mine online at Vitamin Shoppe but there's no record of my orders so I'm probably not getting any money from that one, lol.