Bulking diet

Options
I'm going to start a weight training program next week and looking to bulk up and gain at least 30-40 lbs over the coruse of the next year or 2. I currently am 6'6 and 190lbs but very skinny so I want to get up to at least 220 eventually. My question is, I just added the iPhone app and when creating my profile it allowed me to program that I wanted to gain 1lb/week but the question is, is the calorie counter an ideal tracker for me? Will this be able to work for me and my goals or should I look elsewhere?

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I know on the surface, the site seems all about dieting, but I am using it to maintain my weight and it works just fine. I use it to make sure I'm getting enough protein, that I'm not skimping on my calories, and that I'm keeping my sugar and sodium down to manageable levels.

It's just a tool that you can use any way you want to.
  • bigwayne3000
    Options
    Yea true. When I put in my info and that I wanted to gain 1lb/wk it said my calorie goal should be like 3100-3200 which is relatively though as I am aiming for at least 3500-4k a day. My main reason for wanting to use it is just to keep track of what I'm eating and it seems to do a good job of listing the protein, fat, carbs which I would need to monitor so it seems like for what I need it will work just fine. I was more curious to see if anyone on here was trying to bulk as well.

Thats the problem I have with a lot of these diet apps etc as they only really although you to put in info to loose weight and doesnt help those who want to gain weight and I was suprised that this one allowed me to set a goal of gaining weight. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.