How weird is it to go on a beach vacation by myself? Where should I go?

Options
th1nr
th1nr Posts: 42 Member
So I have an unexpected upcoming two weeks off of work and I would love to get out of the city at some point -- this is difficult for me because I don't have a car.
Anyway I've been really depressed recently and I would like to spend some time in nature. I'd really just like to go hiking, but it's difficult to get to any trails without driving.

I realize a lot of people go adventure traveling and hiking alone, like hiking the Appalachian trail or something, but I have enough difficulty in my life I really don't need to make it harder for no reason.
Ideally I could stay somewhere like a hotel and be able to go on day trips hiking or to the beach without having a car of my own. I would only be gone for about five days to a week, I think I'd get bored after that. So the main idea that I have right now is to go somewhere in the Virgin Islands? I wouldn't need a passport and there is a lot of hiking and nature that would accessible.

What do you guys think, how weird/sad is it to go on a tropical vacation by myself? Do you have any ideas about a destination or an itinerary that would be less weird? The beach is not a must, I don't even need to go somewhere warm, just somewhere in nature.

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Mewwwww
    Mewwwww Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Somewhere that there are tons of fishermen willing to teach you.
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I live in Tempe, Az, and they write about hikes all the time in the paper! Rate them on difficulty, and this Xmas, it's supposed to be a chilly 71 degrees, so weather is NOT a problem. Something to think about...
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all, do it!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all. I've taken a number of solo vacations and enjoyed them. The key is to find something you enjoy and can keep occupied with.

As others mentioned, be safe and enjoy! Be sure to let someone you trust know where you're going.