Samsung Gear s3 experience

Options
andyluvv
andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
edited December 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi there

I've had a Fitbit for years but feel I'd like to upgrade to a smart watch. I like the Fitbit and use it for running and the heart rate monitor (I have a blaze). I use my device mostly for lifting and running (on a treadmill mostly!)

Is the Gear S3 a good option? Is the GPS step and Heart Rate Monitor counting accurate? Does the battery last long? I'm going for the frontier and I noticed it has Bluetooth but what about NFC?

Thank you

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I have a Blaze as well and am hoping for a Garmin Vivoactive 3 for Christmas. I liked the look of the Samsung, but it's like twice as heavy as the Blaze and this took awhile to get used to for sleeping as it felt heavy.
  • TrueGrit1906
    TrueGrit1906 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I thought I repied earlier, but I guess I didn't. I have a gear S3 as my main watch. I love it! However, garmin and fitbit make better fitness specific wrist wear. Using the s3 as yiur main fitness watch means u have to use S-health which is not as developed or as widely used as the garmin and fitbit ecosystems.

I'd still get the s3, but maybe flex two as well. That's what i do.
  • andyluvv
    Options
    Thanks for the response. Ended up just sticking to the Samsung. I like s health as I can incorporate stuff to it.:)
    Just hope the hrm for the s3 is good!
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    The biggest problem I had with the Samsung was battery life.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know why you didn't consider the Ionic since you've enjoyed fitbits in the past? I've had a few Garmins, but last night I ordered the Ionic. It will be my first experience with Fitbit products.
  • andyluvv
    Options
    I'd like to know why you didn't consider the Ionic since you've enjoyed fitbits in the past? I've had a few Garmins, but last night I ordered the Ionic. It will be my first experience with Fitbit products.

Tired of having the same product and I didn't feel it was working for me with accuracy. Fitbit won't allow third party integration either so I couldn't use my chest HRM for workouts, which Samsung allows. Ionic runs its own his which doesn't have a lot of support as of yet. So balancing both and the willingness to try something new, I decided for the Gear sport.