I am running out of time and need some motivation

Options
I started a diet few years ago and lost around 25 kg , and since then I haven't been able to lose more weight, I keep putting on weight and losing it again but I never lose more than the 25 kg I already lost, I recently joined a gym and was highly motivated, it made a big difference in the way I look, my shape changed and I was happy about it, but it didn't make much difference on the scale, I found out that I have high muscle mass, around 10 kg above average, I thought that that would help my metabolism but I wasn't losing much of fat mass, I felt really down and stopped going to the gym for a month now, I wanna go back as I am running out of time, I need to lose lots of weight and I am getting older , I need some motivation :(

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat less, consistently.

Do you have a calorie goal for weight loss? Do you log everything you eat and drink accurately; using scales for all solids and measuring cups/spoons for liquids?

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Running out of time for what?
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well, as you may or may not know, MUSCLE is heavier than FAT. I would REALLY pay attention to ninerbuff, those are IMPRESSIVE CREDENTIALS! You have been gifted from the horses mouth! Don't look away from it! :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If I were you I’d change the target. If working out helped you look good and trimmed you up, make that the goal. The scale is a cruel and fickle taskmaster.

If you are younger than 101, you have enough time.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Could you tell us more about yourself (height, weight, age)?
  • Elsaqueen88
    Elsaqueen88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eat less, consistently.

Do you have a calorie goal for weight loss? Do you log everything you eat and drink accurately; using scales for all solids and measuring cups/spoons for liquids?

Sometimes I do , I know that I have to go back to doing that regularly, I am just feeling down
  • Elsaqueen88
    Options
    I think that I am running out of time as I will turn 30 soon and I feel like I am missing out on many things because of my weight, I want to look decent, feel healthy and not worry about my weight all the time, I am 1.72 m tall and weigh around 125 kg, I went to the gym for around 2 months and was doing circuit training
  • Elsaqueen88
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    If I were you I’d change the target. If working out helped you look good and trimmed you up, make that the goal. The scale is a cruel and fickle taskmaster.

If you are younger than 101, you have enough time.

Yeah I hate the scale, I wish weight loss wasn't measured by it, I'd rather be concerned about having a good shape and whether I am healthy enough or not
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I’m 56. Is it too late for me?

My daughter is 38. She works hard to keep a trim figure. Is it too late for her?

It’s never too late to make better choices.

You enjoyed getting fit. Life is too short to waste your time doing things that don’t give you joy.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Running out of time at nearly 30? Good grief. I started really focusing on losing weight when I turned 50 and have been very successful at it - you have plenty of time.

Don't let your weight stop you from doing the things you want to do. Enjoy your life as it is now... don't wait for it to be perfect, because it never will be. Or if there are things you physically can't do because of your size, decide which you want more - to stay the same as you are now and complain about it, or to be able to do the things you want to. If you want it badly enough, you'll find a way to achieve it!

Finally...
    I'd rather be concerned about having a good shape and whether I am healthy enough or not

So make that your concern! No one else but your doctor needs to know how much you actually weigh, so focus on how you look and feel. Find some kind of sport or training program that will help you achieve the look you're aiming for, and go for it. Forget the scale.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you like the way you feel and look without knowing the number on the scale maybe you need to work on why a number has changed your feelings.
    If you want to lose weight you need a calorie deficit. Reduce your intake or increase your activity or both until you start losing. MFP or another calorie calculator can give you a starting point.
    Tracking what you consume as accurately as you can is helpful to many struggling to lose.
    Give it time. You do have time.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Use a tape measure to see how big your hips, waist and chest are. Take measurements every week or two. It's another way to see progress.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Not even 30 yet and you've run out of time!?
    I must be as old as Methuselah then!!
    It's never too late....do not add being dramatic to your challenge.....sheesh!