Replies

• LatoriaMcAdoo
    LatoriaMcAdoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you @nbkrlsk73
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I started at 230lbs at 5'3" and am now 150lbs. I have loose skin but nothing is hanging lol just a little jiggly. You're young so I think you'll bounce back just fine. I've read (in these forums) that it takes a couple years after weight loss for your skin to shrink to what it's going to be forever, so if you have loose skin it doesn't mean it's going to stay that way.

Trust me, even if you have loose skin you will not feel worse about yourself.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    The amount of loose skin you will have is impossible to predict. It has a lot to do with age and genetics, as well as other factors. I lost 100 pounds and I have some loose skin, but not a lot. I prefer having some loose skin over having 100 pounds of extra fat.
  • LatoriaMcAdoo
    Options
    I started at 230lbs at 5'3" and am now 150lbs. I have loose skin but nothing is hanging lol just a little jiggly. You're young so I think you'll bounce back just fine. I've read (in these forums) that it takes a couple years after weight loss for your skin to shrink to what it's going to be forever, so if you have loose skin it doesn't mean it's going to stay that way.

Trust me, even if you have loose skin you will not feel worse about yourself.

@eliciaobrien1 thank you I’m hoping i don’t have much i have started working out so we will see but thank you so much

• LatoriaMcAdoo
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    The amount of loose skin you will have is impossible to predict. It has a lot to do with age and genetics, as well as other factors. I lost 100 pounds and I have some loose skin, but not a lot. I prefer having some loose skin over having 100 pounds of extra fat.

@apullum I would rather not have extra 100lbs on me also just don’t want to ugly with loose skin is all I know it will benefit me being healthy extra that is why I am doing it
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what your goals are. If you're primarily concerned about health, then extra weight poses a much greater health risk than some loose skin does. If you're mostly interested in physical appearance, then you have to decide what would make you happier with how you look.
  • jamrow35
    jamrow35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You are still quite young so most of the skin would just go right back into place. You might have a little left over but not much. Better now than wait till you are older and that skin has had more time to stretch.
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yeah don't be scared of what could be otherwise you can't go anywhere. Drop the weight slowly and see how you feel. Do strength exercises. I started around 215 and after a year I'm down to 127. When I lost fat I had loose skin here or there and then it would slowly disappear and then reappear and I'd be like alright losing more fat woo hoo. Recently I've noticed the loose skin in my thighs is decreasing which has taken some time. Even with loose skin I've still been proud of the changes I've seen in my body and my health even the loose skin. And anyway what I think is loose skin in sure someone else might think is just a fine and not loose at all. Recently I saw lose skin/wrinkles in my abdomen above my belly button and I was like score! But yeah when you start losing you will enjoy the changes big and small loose skin won't even be a worry.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I used the potential for loose skin as an excuse for not losing weight for a long time. That's all it is really, an excuse for not wanting to make a change and do the work. I'm not saying this makes you a bad person, I think it's pretty typical for those of us who were very overweight. I started at 256 and am now 155 over the course of a year and a few months. I have very little loose skin (and still some fat to lose). I'm 5'6" and 43 years old.

Even with the so-called flaws I can see in my body now that I never really paid attention to before weight loss, I would take and keep every one of those flaws forever over going back to 256lbs.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I started at 267. Currently at ~220. Starting to get some wrinkles but nothing I can't handle. Once I get under 200, if I don't like the way I look, I'll stop losing. It's not like you'll wake up one day 100 pounds lighter with all this loose skin. You have time to decide what makes you feel comfortable. Start by losing 10 pounds. If that's not an issue, cool. Keep going.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    112lbs lost over 2 years. I’m 37. A small amount of excess skin on my lower abdomen but that’s it. I can easily hide it with clothes. Ill take that over to obese any day.
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Not losing weight to avoid loose skin is like not having life saving heart surgery to avoid a scar. This is your health. Your life. Lose the weight.

You'll probably have some loose skin, but it won't be terrible. Stay hydrated, moisturize, do strength training while losing and you can (theoretically) minimize the amount of loose skin.
  • LatoriaMcAdoo
    Options
    Thank you everyone I have already started losing so far since the first I have lost 2.8 lbs so good start
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone I have already started losing so far since the first I have lost 2.8 lbs so good start

Awesome :)