Poll: Your Christmas Plan.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Hybrid of A & C, mostly.

As an orphaned-widowed-childless only child, in a geographic latitude of short days and a climate of much overcast (US, mid-Michigan), an avid rower with frozen rivers, I struggle at this time of year. I simply have to trust that another Spring will come.

At age 62, survivor of stage III cancer, there are no guarantees. Frankly, it feels like a fight with myself. Every. Single. Year.

Every Fall I plant things. Every Spring they bloom.

Gotta be enough.

Okay, you deserve to break my boycott of the hug reaction

Even as a Midwestern Scandinavian person, who mostly doesn't like being touched: Thank you. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    D Tracking but not like normal. I normally do meal prep, pre-log and actively try to stick to around my calorie allowance across the week. At the moment I am just logging and will worry about the reversible damage in the New Year.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    C
    we are having normal meals
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    A, but with an eye to also enjoying my run the next morning. So not too crazy.
  • Naina149
    Naina149 Posts: 16 Member
    C I'll be tracking the best I can while allowing myself extra calories.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Going over to @cbstewart88’s parents house and eating all the stuff they don’t want.

LOL WhereIsPJsoles!! Come on over!! It'd be fun!!! :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    A from last Friday through Tuesday or Wednesday. Sticking 3500 in my log and going for a few runs to reduce the damage, but I'm on vacation from both work and logging.
  • narsenault
    narsenault Posts: 2 Member
    C. I plan to stay on course through the holiday and track everything. I will enjoy being lighter in January!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    I’m going to track as well as I can because so many dishes have multiple ingredients. And I’m going to try to stay around maintenance.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    B or C
  • A but be more mindful of what I'm eating and log in so I don't lose my streak. I tried to prelog a few days ago but there are too many variables, also will do this New Year's Eve.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    edited December 2017
    A. Just for dinner only. I'm tracking breakfast and lunch. I've been doing this for all the holiday parties I've attended so far which is 6. I ate whatever I wanted for dinner. I did the same thing for thanksgiving dinner and I'll do the same for the New Year party. I'm still counting steps but dropping down to 8-10,000 steps rather than my usual 12,000-15,000 steps. I'm experimenting with myself since this is my first christmas celebration since I started my weight loss journey in January. I'm curious what my weight will be after all these holiday parties :)
  • celestestar
    celestestar Posts: 41 Member
    Partially A and C. Enjoy myself, eat whatever i want to eat. Track what i know and estimate the rest
  • Cleosweetie
    Cleosweetie Posts: 71 Member
    Good question! I've been thinking about my plan for Xmas day/dinner for the past few days.

I will definitely track, but will definitely go over calories. I'd like to try to keep the damage minimal. I've been banking a lot of calories this past week.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Hybrid of A & C, mostly.

As an orphaned-widowed-childless only child, in a geographic latitude of short days and a climate of much overcast (US, mid-Michigan), an avid rower with frozen rivers, I struggle at this time of year. I simply have to trust that another Spring will come.

At age 62, survivor of stage III cancer, there are no guarantees. Frankly, it feels like a fight with myself. Every. Single. Year.

Every Fall I plant things. Every Spring they bloom.

Gotta be enough.

@AnnPT77 I'm from Massachusetts and lived in South Florida for 7 years. I really missed proper seasons and spring bulbs. I've been back in MA for a few years and will take cold winters over 6 months of humidity any time.

Last fall I planted a new garden outside my office window and can't wait for it to start emerging in the spring.

One winter I was really good about walking at lunchtime every non-pouring rain day. This winter I've been doing a lot of baking at lunch instead, but intend to get back to regular walking in the new year.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    sofchak wrote: »
    D. OTHER: Enjoy myself, but track anyway, even if that takes me over Maintenance.

Thats my strategy as I do wish to savor in once a year food options, but I also recognize/appreciate the accountability and habit of tracking.

Last year, I went with a combination of B/C and I was miserable and distracted by the need to stay within a range when all I really wanted to do was enjoy brunch with my family - a brunch we only do together once a year on Christmas. That’s meaningful to me - the memories of the time together are worth any extra calories I might consume in Christmas Kolbas or the Hungarian paprika bacon....

... but I also have a cruise to the Caribbean 2.5 weeks later, so I won’t go hog wild either. Back on track starting with dinner at home on 12/25.

I'm D as well - track as best I can and not worry about going over.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I simply do not worry about it. Enjoying the foods of the holidays didn't make me fat. Eating whatever I wanted the rest of the year did. Holiday meals are traditional to my family and I usually only eat many of these foods 1, 2, or 3 times a year so I am going to enjoy them.
  • My only splurge day is today, all homemade food and I logged what I could then just added about thousand calories for all the snacking lol